Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

feeling like a big jerk...

because, well... there's a poster on newglitter that i really don't like.
    i feel like their posts are really trollish, but no one else has brought up that point so i'm keeping my lips zipped.

however, i just feel really annoyed and yes, angry everytime i see one of their posts...

i know it's not 'real life' and i just need to step away, but glitter has been part of my daily routine for going on four years now and i'm really PO'd that this person has jumped in and started to dominate the board with their (in my opinion) rude and obnoxious presence.

*sigh*

i guess i just needed to vent and rest my eyes from the stress that is glitter for me right now...

thanks girls,

--jessie

2. # ADS

i like this board a bit more than the new glitter because there are less posts (therefore i have the time to read them all) and less negativity, overall. but the new glitter also has its positive attributes.

when the trollish behaviour at new glitter gets you down, just come on over here :)

xjessiex, I have a feeling I know which poster you're talking about. And I get ya. I feel the same.

Newglitter does seem a bit snarkier than it used to, but it always has its phases. It should be done sometime soon.

Isn't it weird when people you don't even know stress you out?

It doesn't matter if it is on a message board, on the playground or in the board room - those kind of people are always, and will always be around. I've devleoped a policy to just ignore them. Hopefully they will get bored and go away. And if you have no choice in dealing with them (like at work, school or a favorite message board) I suggest going old school. My dad always taught me the old "kill them with kindness" motto and it really does wear mean people down!

You know, craftychica, I had always taken notice on the old boards that you never got involved with the posts that got petty or snarky, and whenever I got tempted to jump in, I'd think, I should take the same path as CraftyChica, she's cool b/c she's above all that stuff. It kept me out of trouble!

So thanks for being a good example to someone who can sometimes have a bit of a temper.

I agree. I hope it's just the change or a phase. Maybe everyone is just grumpy with the change and once everyone is used to it things will calm down. I don't think we've seen any drama here though.

Amanelle/favorgrl

xjessiex, I know exactly who you mean too. The first time I saw a post by that person, I was amazed that everyone was answering her (?) completely seriously, and am even more surprised that they've continued to do soI remember people on the old Glitter crying "Troll!" over a lot less.

Just one of the reasons I've concluded that New Glitter is fine for some, but not for me.

well, at least i'm not alone. i just couldn't figure out how no one else seemed to find 'her' posts a little too similar to other things we've seen, like the gap being high fashion and us being terribly ugly and so on and so forth.

ah well, when i need a breather it's nice and cozy over here.

--jessie

Oh, xjessiex I've seen the same troll-like rebuttals used by someone that claims to be an earnest participant (in other words, not a troll) in more than one thread. Cut and paste. Verbatim.

I feel like the term "troll" is too cute. I prefer "jackass".

Talking about boards on other boards wierds me out a little. But here I go: I'm pretty sassy and sarcastic and I don't bruise or offend easily. But I cannot STAND jackass-ery and mos def let it get to me sometimes.

Even when I don't respond i just get pissed-actually, especially when I don't respond. I feel like justice must be served and I have the spoon. The spoon of sass. But that's what jackasses want. And so silence is sometimes best.

damn you, sensible silence. damn you.

I actually posted here before I read glitter. I know people were being a little more snarky than usual, but jeez. It seems like everyone was jumping down the other's throat. It's way too hostile over there today. Maybe it's because Tsia is away. You know how in school when the teacher left the room everyone went crazy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads