don't you wish...

you had an excuse to buy a fancy dress? Once you graduate high school, unless you have a big christmas party at the office, there generally isn't a reason to play dress up, and even then I don't find myself going all out on one night...what do you wish you had an excuse to do?

jt

2. # ADS

Good thread! I wish I had an excuse to take a day off . . . no work, no Rabbit (I love my baby, but I wouldn't mind leaving her with her grandma for a day), no housecleaning, no bills, no doctor appointments. Just me, a book, and the outdoors (it goes without saying that this would be one of those perfect-weather days). Or maybe my car and checkbook for some lazy shopping.

I used to wish for a chance to buy a fancy dress, but then I had to buy one last year, and I took that wish back really fast! I'm not generally a very girlie person, though, so maybe it was just my aversion to fanciness in general.

In theory I'd love to buy a fancy dress, but I know if I really had to buy a dress I'd hate it. I love to buy clothes, but I hate trying them on.

Man, I'm with you moon lemming. I'm desperate for a mental health day to be home by myself too!! Books, tea, naps, magazines, a bath, more napsw...sigh...

heh, I guess it's more in theory for me too, I had to buy a dress for a wedding and was apalled at what I found and ended up wearing my black velvet standby

jt

ha! i wanted a new dress for a vegas wedding in june, found a gorgeous one, and it was just out of my budget. so my wish would be that i could afford to buy a new fancy dress.

Every time I have the opp to wear a fancy dress, I chicken out and wear black because I don't want to stand out. isn't that sad?

craftychica,
    that's not sad, I do that too, I found some things I COULD buy for this past wedding but went with the boring velvet dress. I did jazz it up with a retro pearl pin that my mom designed, so that made me feel cool, plus the fact that it looked kind of like a sunburst/snowflake with pearls at the end and the theme was 'a winter wedding' so i actually matched :)

I was dying to buy a pair of shocking pink armani shoes at tjmaxx but i didn't and then when i got up the gumption to do so, they were gone...sigh

jt

Remove Ads

Ads