Thread: zit scars

zit scars

Does anyone know of anything that reduces acne scars? I have really fair skin and I don't get a lot of zits but I used to pick at them a lot and I sometimes get little red scars for along time. I will try anything if works, perscription, over the counter, nautural, whatever.

I just want to have a pretty face, well prettier then it is already.

2. # ADS

ooh, i hope someone has good suggestions. i've got a ton from compulsivly picking at my face, and to make matters worse i have "hyperpigmentation" or something, which means my scars are always dark. :( alpha-hydroxy cream is supposed to help although i haven't noticed much of a difference.

I have heard mixed things about using Vitamin E oil to reduce scars. May be worth a try.

i've had some success reducing scars with vitamin E oil. buy the kind you take internally as a gel-cap, and pop them open with a pin. the stuff they sell in a bottle is mostly other oils, with a little E oil. just dab a little on the scars at night before you go to bed. if you have other scars on your body, you can rub the E oil in to them, and that helps break up the scars even more, but i think it's better to be gentle with the skin on your face.

i have a friend who has had laser treatment for rosacea, and that seemed to lighten her acne scars also, but it's expensive.

yay! I know about this! I can answer a question!!! I had some pretty bad acne scars too. The thing that helped me the most was Philosophy Hope In a Jar moisturizer. It basically re-surfaced my skin!!! Sometimes drugstore.com has good deals on Philosophy, free gifts, etc. It was expensive but worth every penny. Also, to keep your skin clear get some tea tree oil and witch hazel. A drop of tea tree oil on your cotton pad and then some witch hazel smooshed on makes a great astringent. Don't forget to exfoliate at least twice a week with baking soda mixed into your facial scrub. This keeps your pores clear and also helps to resurface your skin. Also, a little facial steam never hurt anyone. After a lifetime of battling bad skin, I wish someone had told me all of this!!! Vitamin E works great. Swallowing some never hurt anyone either!!! Tea tree oil is good for everything from scars to any kind of hurt.

Remove Ads

Ads