I'm back from Italy...

and I have to say I thought of you gals when I was walking on a little back street in Cefalu, Sicily and I saw a little old lady embroidering in the window with the last waning light of the day. :)

Oh and I have a question, my friend house sat and either used my towels after dying hair or changing oil, they're grungy, is there any way to clean them since they've been washed and dried, or should I just call it a dog towel and buy new ones? they're lavendar so I don't think I can put bleach in.

jt
    eta, btw, look what my friend did to my dog while i was away! http://www.k9forums.com/phpBB2/album...php?pic_id=167
    eek!

2. # ADS

holy guacamole! that is the funniest thing i have ever seen done to a dog. freaking brilliant.

and isn't italy just wonderful. such a crafty place.

about the towels...unless they are white and you can bleach them, i say they become dog towels.

Based on the photographic evidence, I'd say its likely that they already became dog towels.

I'm glad to hear you got to go on your trip . . . I never heard the final story of what happened with that sketchy ticket company you used. Hope you had as good a time as your housesitter did!

hmm, maybe they were doggy towels, he swore he only used my green towels ( my hand towels) to dry her, i don't know why when i showed him all the ratty falling apart ones...

sigh.

he also dyed his hair black and works on a boat with engines so it's entirely possible that's a true statement :)

As for sketchy company, b/f refused to provide info and they cancelled our trip, i ended up paying about 300 dollars more per person via orbitz, but we had a safe and fun trip :)

jt

THAT IS SO FUNNY.

Um, sorry. That picture made my day.

JT-I leave Saturday for Italy! Any tips for me?

this pic might make your day even more: http://www.k9forums.com/phpBB2/album...php?pic_id=172

Italy tips:
    Try the briocha (spelling? it sounds like brioche-ah) con panna, it's a brioche cut in half, filled with gelato and covered in whipped cream.

It sounds weird but it is GOOOOD. Visit a gelateria/pasticheria (pastry shop) and also try a ricotta stuffed pastry, so yummy!

The only other tip i can think of is that marinara sauce isn't what it is in the US, it's not tomato sauce, it's apparently different each place, my b/f thought he'd be getting spaghetti sauce and ended up with a plate of clams and mussels, spaghetti sauce pasta is 'spaghetti pomodoro'.

Oh and for the best exchange rate, don't bring cash but get $ out of an ATM, that's a travel tip good for just about anywhere.

Have a great time!

jt

Remove Ads

Ads