Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

halloween costumes-

i'm not sure if this topic has already been brought up...

wondering what costume ideas people are coming up with? i always stress and wait til the last min. trying to avoid that!

2. # ADS

I'm totally stumped for one this year. I'm going out to a ballroom dancing party, and I want to find something that will be easy to dance in. There is also a costume contest, so I feel added pressure because I want to win!

Last year I was an evil Tooth Fairy. I carried around these huge plyers. It was fun, though the guys from India didn't get the joke.

I want to be Karen O (of the yeah yeah yeahs), but I'd have to buy a wig with bangs and then chop it up to be Karen O-esque, and I don't even think I'm cool enough for it.

We'll see.

I'm not dressing up, but I'm costuming our dog. My so hates me for this, but Jake is going to be a bumblebee.

I'm painting black stripes on a yellow kids tee, making some wings to sew onto the back, and making him one of those headbands that have the wire antennas with glitter black balls on the end. It's going to take some ingenuity to get that headband to stay on!

I just posted about my Halloween costume in the share a craft forum 'cos I need a little help. My awesome boyfriend is going to dress up as Jarreth, the Goblin King, and I will be Sarah from the movie, Labyrinth. I'm having a hard time finding a vest like the one she wears. Let me know if you have any suggestions. If you have never seen the movie, I recommend the crap out of it! It's one of my favorites and I think David Bowie is super hot in it.

We are going to dress our puppy in red and white striped jammies like Toby.

I'm so lucky to have a man who will play dress-up with me and even wear make-up!

For people who haven't seen the movie, my boyfriend's costume will still be entertaining as it is very dramatic and drag...and I will be comfortable since I get to wear jeans and loafers.

My worst costume ever was one that I planned for years. I was a fallen angel. But, it was a play on words. I wore wings and a white gown and halo. Then I painted bruises all over my body, rolled my wig around in the leaves and wore a fake cast. I even signed names to it like Jesus and Michael and Gabriel. I thought it was hilarious but, no one else really did. It bombed big-time. I will never again use a pun as a costume. Just a word of caution.....

for the doggie headband, i've bought ones that are padded and have an elastic strap on the chin, those seem to stay on better than a regular headband, maybe b/c it bothers them less?

I haven't decided on a costume yet.

last year i was mary poppins and it was alot of fun throwing that together last minute.

jt

Quote Originally Posted by Karla

My worst costume ever was one that I planned for years. I was a fallen angel. But, it was a play on words. I wore wings and a white gown and halo. Then I painted bruises all over my body, rolled my wig around in the leaves and wore a fake cast. I even signed names to it like Jesus and Michael and Gabriel. I thought it was hilarious but, no one else really did. It bombed big-time. I will never again use a pun as a costume. Just a word of caution.....
    Karla, if it helps at all, I think that sounds hilarious. ;)

I think I am going to be Pippi Longstocking this year. I was Pippi a couple of years ago, and it was a big hit. I put on some mismatchy clothes, including striped stockings, braided my hair and put wire in the braids to make them turn up, painted on some freckles, and pinned a little stuffed monkey to my shoulder. Voila - Pippi in full effect.

Alison

I've been tossing around a few ideas and I even helped my friend out.
    my friend is a professial dancer and he couldnt figure out what to do. So I gave him the idea to be an IPod Dancer. His hair is already jet black all he has to do is dress in black and black out the rest of his body. He'll probably make the ipod a lot larger of a prop so people get the idea.

as far as I go I've thought about a few things.

1. porcelian doll
    2. A palm tree with my hair and arms as leaves and a coconut top with a tree truck long skirt.
    3. an elf
    4. raggedy anne
    5. pirate

of course all costumes I would make myself.

I was going to dress my dog up as a pirate. not sure if I'm doing the same thing yet.

hope you find out what you want to do.
    goodluck

I'm going to be a cat girl. I'm thinking of doing the betty page look to go with it, since the leopard print is identical to what she had on her bikini, and i'm making a bikini for my costume.
    I almost have the bikini part done...who knew that sewing that would be so dang hard!
    But I got leopard velboa to make it out of, so it's fuzzy. I have to make the bikini top and bottom, tail, cover the set of cat ears I have with the matching fabric, bootcovers, and armglove/paw things.

My hair is black, and I'm thinking of somehow making fake bangs, and then doing the red lipstick look to go with it.
    Besides the fact that I'll be freezing cold, it should be fun.

Eh, I don't know... I'm almost always Rapunzel or Dead Bride because I already have the look of both, but I have to work that evening and the days around it. New place, so I don't know how tolerant they are. Hmmm, considering it's a skilled nursing job, maybe dead is not the way to go.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads