Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: introduce yourself

Hey,

I just found this site yesterday. I'm 15, turning 16 in September and wow, I feel like a little kid. I live in Nova Scotia. I spend pretty much all of my free time doing arts and crafts. Recently I've been working a lot on posters, photography, and clothing. I'm a big fan of collaging blank surfaces and making scrap books too. Pretty much everything in my room was made by me and I usually re-arrange it every month. I'm in the midst of painting right now. I think I'm the only person I know (that's my age) that wishes for a subscription to House and Home Magazine, can spend hours in furniture stores, and wants to move to Italy to be a farmer and sell home made soaps and handcreams. Bye!

2. # ADS

Hey
    i'm camilla and I was on this board last year and then lost it (the board not the plot...although...) and am now back and very pleased to see how things are shaping up now. I'm manukenkun pretty much everywhere- on glitter and craftster.
    I'm nearly 31, live alone by the seaside with a cat for company and am involved in running a shop and gallery in Bristol (http://www.thingsfromhere.co.uk which I love and where we hold S+B's) I also make aprons and other clothes http://www.madebymilla.tk and work as a mental health worker for money...
    Oh and i'm trying to teach myself website stuff as I go along and as i've just bought a new flat i'm getting excited about crafting it to perfection...

I feel shy!

My name is Phillippa and I live about an hour outside Sydney, Australia.

I am a primary school teacher so I think my job is quite creative and crafty but I also love cooking and gardening - I like to grow things to eat.

I have just started knitting and feel very inspired by Stitch & Bitch - it's excellent! I wish there was a Stitch & Bitch near my home - all my crafty family and friends are an hour away. I'm newly married and have just bought a house and am going crazy in the garden - fruit trees, vines, herbs, a vegetable garden and more on the way.

At the moment I love to read about and dabble in organic gardening, sustainability, knitting and most things about craft. I watch Law and Order 5 times a week and think this is not enough. I too, am finding it hard to let go of Buffy, and Angel for that matter.

I love my life and if I have any goals they are to be true to myself, get more involved in the things I love to do and as much as possible, always use things I already have...

I'm glad to be here!

hi everyone! i'm amanda. i'm 20, but that 21st birthday is coming up oct. 3 and i am oh so excited! i live in denver, near the university where i'm studying english and art history. i'm hoping to go back to DU to get a masters in information and library science when i graduate in two years, and then either work in a library or teach.

i'm in the process of trying to learn how to knit (with the help of books) and how to ride a bike (with the help of my boyfriend). i am also hoping to refurbish my broken-down desk before the summer is out, start knitting scarves for the scarf drive, and i also have a goal to cook at least one good meal every day (this is coming from someone who survived her first two years of college on either cafeteria food or easy mac, so it's a big deal!). i also am trying to work out every day, which is no easy feat, but the pretty bike path by my apartment has proved to be somewhat motivating.

my favorite things at the moment are fresh veggies and fruit, hanging out with my parents, and david sedaris.

Hi Everyone! I was on the old Glitter boards for awhile (usually in lurk mode) and then switched to the new Glitter where I post fairly frequently and now I've rejoined Get Crafty...whew! A bit about me: I am 29. I live in Olympia, WA with my husband, my dog, and three psychotic cats. I'm currently unemployed but am making and selling crazy appliqued skirts with my friend. I spend too much time on the internet. I've been a counselor for youth/teens for about 5 years. I'm a graduate of The Evergreen State College.

I like:

Reading, comic books, selzer water, Salon.com, fantasy books and film, lots of sex, black skirts and cardigans, thrifting, games of all kinds...croquet to computer games, food with garbanzo beans in it, The Daily Show, music (currently in love with The Raveonettes and Can), curiosity, gossip and drama, floating down the river and my amazing family and friends...in no particular order.

I dislike:

Right-wing politics, argument for the sake of argument, self-righteousness, pointy shoes, opera, whining, self-esteem saboteurs, ennui...

Anyway, I am glad to be here and looking forward to posting/reading posts!

Ghosttown, you went to Evergreen AND live in Olympia? Are you sure you're not a riot grrrl?

Welcome!

I'm Jacqui, I'm a 23-year-old newlywed in Grand Rapids, MI (yes, there is a world here outside of Detroit). I work for a web-proofer/production assistant for a web development firm. I knit, make glycerin soaps that never really smell like anything but glycerin despite the amount of fragrance oil I put in them, stamp/scrapbook, and attempt a fair amount of jewelry design.

What floats my boat: living 1/2 hour from all the beaches I could want. Passionate conversations with my husband. ice cream, cheesecake, and pasta. History. Bath products and scented candles. Music and dancing of any kind. Fun chicklit books that make me giggle.

What sinks my boat: blind political affilations, overly religious people, smoking, bad drivers, poor spellers

What makes me crafty: anything that sparkles, shines, or has a pretty color. The feeling of yarn in my fingertips. The joy of twisting a pair of tweezers. The fact that I can visualize a finished product but yet know that the result will never look anything like it!

Hey Soapandwater! I think I moved to Olympia just a touch too late to be a "Riot grrl" as it was 1993. However, I was and am a feminist, went to shows every weekend at The Backstage and have partied with Corin and Carrie from Sleater-Kinney...so maybe that means I qualify? My best friend who grew up here was definetly part of the Riot Grrl movement..went to the meetings, hung out with Kathleen Hanna so..but it's a cool thing about Olympia and makes me proud to live here.

Hello Everyone!

My name's Drea, I'm 24 and I live in San Diego.

I'm new, and I love this forum to death! it's exactly what I've been looking for, cool ladies chatting about crafts and ramdomness. the best!

* I knit like a mad woman, and am learning to crochet and make recycled fabric goodies like rugs and quilts.
    * can't sew in a straight line, and there's something so un-organic and frustrating about my sewing machine that I've abandoned it for now.
    * puppy momma to one spunky little Schiperke dog named Calypso.
    * girlfriend/partner of the hottest, most amazing Irishman in the universe.
    * wonderful labels like pro-sex third wave punk feminist seem to roll off my tongue when decribing myself.
    * when I'm not knitting I am an actress, and am currently working on an indie film here in SD.
    * liberal arts school drop-out.
    * Listen to everything from Neko Case and Belle and Sebastian to Harum Scarum and Sleater-Kinney. It's either pretty, or it's screaming.
    * Ebay seller and kitch/antique addict.
    * my bilogical clock is ticking so loudly sometimes I start looking at baby booty patterns in knitting books and then have to catch myself.
    * My boyfriend and I are saving up to buy land and build a house in Taos New Mexico.
    * Organizer for a local ladies social group. I'm also joining the committy that's putting otgether a Day Of the Dead Festival (that crochet skull pattern is gonna come in handy!). On top of that, I also volunteer for the local pirate radio station on occasion (helping out with promotion and fund-raiser events).
    *my posts are generally long-winded.

That's me in a nut shell! Hi.

Hi everyone. I am Amanda. I am going to be thirty in about a month. I am married and have two wonderful dogs.
    I love to do yoga at home, cook vegan food, read, write and draw a bit. I am also very much involved in animal rights and feminism.
    Since being a vegan I have had a new appreciation in the environment making me want to be less of a consumer. So I hope to take my enjoyment of thrift shopping and my desire to be more crafty and turn it into some sort of lifestyle.

I just saw this forum today so I hope that it inspires me to be more creative.

Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads