Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: introduce yourself

I'm Pinn, I'm 23 and right now I'm living with my family in Tokyo but I'll be moving back to my home town in Thailand in July. I knit and sew and crochet, I love working on any fabric. I'm trying to expand to wood works and build my own furniture but it'll have to wait till after the move and I finally have some out door space to craft in. I'm also in love with illustrating and hope to make a living out of it.
    I guess that's all I was dumplingrrl on the old glitter too.

2. # ADS

hey there. i'm roxy (but my real name is robyn), i'm 22 and live in canada. two days ago i wrote my very last university exam, and in june - with any luck - i'll be graduating with an honours b.a. in english. in september, i'm moving to toronto to live with my boyfriend in sin in a fantastic condo that we really lucked out in getting. i'm taking a postgraduate course in public administration which will hopefully load me with enough intellectual ammunition to land me a job.

other interesting factoids:
    i have two cats, whom i will dearly miss upon my departure.
    i love to cook soups. today's will be a sweet potato curry.
    i should crochet more, but i've only learned out how to make square/rectangular shaped objects.
    i love to read. and i love feminism. i especially love to read about feminism.
    and i have the summer off from school, so i will most definitely be spending an inordinately large amount of time posting here.

hoping this wasn't too long,
    roxy

Hello! I'm patricia - I was trishie on the old glitter. I'm going to be 32 on Friday! Ack! I live in Providence, RI and i'm currently working on a library science degree while working for a company that does academic web publishing support. I'm a huge information geek. I have 2 cats who I mention regularly. I love to knit and cook and sometimes I attempt to sew with marginal success. I want to learn to crochet but everything I crochet turns out lumpy. I'm a very messy person and I'm currently covered in cat hair.

Hey there. I'm 32ish, and a cataloger for my native state of NC, though until recently I was living in Texas & subsequently Arkansas. I mostly lurk, and quilt (obsessively). I also folk dance and cook and have dogs and cats and lots of their hair on everything.

My name is Antonia, and I lurk around here, and did on Glitter as well. I love this place, it is wonderful to be in the presence of so many other crafty folks! I am a recent transplant to Davenport, Iowa from the Milwaukee Area. I live with my boyfriend and our boxer.

As you can tell from my name, I LOVE beading (rather obsessively), I also enjoy crafting with seashells and other odds and ends, making cards, rubber stamping, and cross stitching. My goals are to learn quilting and crocheting. I grew up in a very crafty home...and will be forever grateful!

Also, Happy Birthday to Mishapville (Patricia)...I will be 27 on Friday!

Hi! I am Tiffany. I was Firel*x on Glitter a while back and then switched to Topazdebutante because I was born in November.

I am a Sr in College. I graduate with my B.A. in Communications next month. I work on campus and tutor student athletes on the side. I currently live in sin and we are trying to decide if we want to move to AZ once are lease expires.

I like to make soap, scrapbook, marble magnets/tacks, survival kits, collages..you name it..

I also like to bake but I suck at cooking especially with the electric stove in our current apartment.

Other than that, I have a purse obsession and I want a cat.

Hello all!
    My name is Emily and I was mostly a lurker on the old boards but I'd like to start posting more here.

I live in Boston and I work at a University. I'm planning on going back to school in September for my Masters in Art Education. I too live happily in sin with my boyfriend and two cats.

I was an art and theater major in college and like to do any and all arts and crafts projects- but I have a very small attention span so there are many projects in different states of finished. And my art supplies are slowly taking over the bedroom.

As for things that I LOVE, there are many, but I'm currently obsessed with Boca Burger riblets, bubble tea, making lists and crossing things off, fudgecicles, that new mr. clean magic eraser thingy, and planning my porch garden.

Hi, I'm Leigh, still revafisheye. I was mostly a lurker/occasional poster on the old glitter (since 2000, I think), but aim to be more active here. Why you ask? I always find inspiration in this community and it's time to give back.

I am 32, live in NYC, am an editor/ghostwriter for a vanity press and have been known to act/sing in plays/musicals. I am a single, feminist, vegetarian fag-hag, but am not easily offended and will listen to anyone's viewpoint with an open mind (or at least I try). Craftwise, my short attention span and I float from project to project, often leaving the previous one unfinished. I most consistently crochet, do collage, make stuff with duct-tape, make purses and cross-stitch.

Things that keep my boat afloat:
    Mates of State, musical theater, tea, my thanksgiving journal, diet Coke, the prospect of becoming a French bulldog owner, road trips, humorous writing/performance (as long as itís smart), haiku, making lists, all dogs (particularly the squished-face varieties), my computer, monkeys, pirates and cheese.

PS- I have a secret HipHomeEc crush on CraftyChicaAZ. I have loved reading her posts since the old glitter days and I am so happy she is a part of this new incarnation. She is so inspiring. Oops...I wasn't supposed to say anything.

I'm Xuli. I've been posting a lot at Glitter but I really like a lot of the topics that have come up on this board and would like to start being more active here too.

Hi, my name is Laura. I was LauraLee on the old glitter boards and I'm also LauraLee on Supernaturale. I like to keep things simple.

I'm 26, a mental health case manager and I like to sew, cut my own hair, read, make felt wallets, knit and about three hundred other things.

I live with my boyfriend of five years and my two cats, Frida and Captain Murphy.

Right now I live in Ypsilanti, MI but I want to move to the Pacific Northwest.

Okay, that's all.

Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads