Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: introduce yourself

hi! i am kayte (formerly of the lady miss variety).
    i live in greenpoint, brooklyn with a roommate but my boy and i are looking for places together soon.
    i am a visual merchandiser by day and do far too many other things by night. i like to make felt accessories (i sold my first wristband last week!), cards and stuffed animals. i would like to quit my job and never have a boss again.
    i also volunteer for ladyfest.
    i am 27 and i'm starting to feel it.
    i am mostly extroverted and very social. i like to go to parties and such and i am really into finding fun and free things to do in brooklyn. i am almost always up for something and if it'sweird i am even more up for it.
    i read tons of books and i do it extremely quickly. right now i am on a non-fiction kick.
    i am unapologetically a feminist.
    i have never driven a car and hope i will never have to.
    i am not so successful at veganism-i slip up alot.
    i am very happy to be back on getcrafty!

2. # ADS

robin. amigarabita on glitter. i live in new hampshire and i'm a mum with 2 girl children. i like to knit, run, watch redsox games, wine, music, swimming, a clean house, farmer's markets, summer, getting flowers, giving flowers.... this could be a while...

Re: introduce yourself

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    who are you?
    Hello Ladies! EarthTones here...I am relatively new to the craft boards and have the same screen name at Glitter and Craftster.

what floats your boat
    Most days I am lucky if my boat falls at all, lol. I am a social worker by day (work with the homeless) and love to make things at all other times (sometimes I even sneak a project with me to work ;-) My craftivities include painting, stained glass mosaics, ceramics, jewelry making, paper crafts/rubber stamping and most recently knitting. I taught myself how to knit from Stitch n' Bitch after crocheting since I was a child. I was so psyched when I taught myself how to knit, and my fingertips have been sore ever since!

Quite honestly, I just love making stuff. My nails haven't been well manicured in a coupla years because I am constantly working on a project that jacks them up, and that's fine by me! I would love to take up carpentry/woodturning, but that's way off in the future.

Other things that float my boat (in no particular order): sunshine, rain, laughter, the smell of toast (don't ask, I don't know why, lol), my family, my friends, my craft tools, dancing, travelling, reading, a brisk walk, a cool breeze, the ocean...

where do you live
    I live on Long Island, NY about 45 minutes outside of Manhattan.

and what makes you crafty?
    At the risk of boring you and making your eyes cross, I will direct you to the answer to what floats my boat.

Glad to be here...

Denise, Yoshimi is BEAUTIFUL!

hi! I hope y'all don't mind me joining you here. I'm the same jasmineT from the other boards (original and new glitter) aka jessica, jess, or jessa. I live in Rochester, NY. I'm a 29 y.o. domestic goddess to my husband, 2 daughters, and dog.

My life is full of contradictions. We're broke but happy. Left wing evangelical Christian. Love to garden but allergic to the sun. Believe in natural food but can't give up taco bell or salt and vinegar potato chips. Spend too much time on the computer but then complain that there's not enough time to finish projects. Love a clean and spotless house but hate to do dishes, laundry or vacuum.

Current obsessions are: japanese gardening, hypertufa, home decorating projects, getting organized, getting rid of clutter, looking at moss with my kids, alternative education, trying for a 3rd bambino, and wishing that the person grinding trees for the last 3 hours would STOP!

Other crafts I dabble in are: bookmaking, collage, computer graphics, photography, sewing, spa products, and rudimentary knitting and crochet

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias
    Denise, Yoshimi is BEAUTIFUL!
    Thanks! not only is yoshimi a cutie pie, she's really sweet too! she's got a great temperment. i love her more and more each day.

i'm linda, i'm 24. i work for a magazine in new york city and i like to crochet, sew, glue things together (just not my fingers!), and make pretty much anything i can that's cute and useful. after i finished school (where i was getting an art degree) and moved to the tinyness that is NYC, i found that craft took over my creative urges-- so now i make things that are useful AND decorative. yay.

i really enjoy amusing myself, and acting like a kid- having fun, not letting things get to me.

and i'm very much a lurker with sporadic posting explosions but maybe that will change. :)

Quote Originally Posted by waxfruit
    i have never driven a car and hope i will never have to.
    yay! i've driven a car, but hate to. viva mass transit!

Re: introduce yourself

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    who are you? what floats your boat, where do you live and what makes you crafty?
    My name is Tracey. I'm 21 years old and a senior at a tiny li'l liberal arts college in MD.

Things that float my boat include but are not limited to my wonderful boyfriend, stickers of all sorts, free concerts in DC, watching weird cartoons like The Oblongs, reading people's LiveJournals, watching people juggle and wishing that I could, collecting purses and handbags and winter scarfs, playing board games and video games and word games and games of all sorts, and poetry!

What makes me crafty is my love for counted cross-stitch despite my lack of finished projects. I start them, get distracted, begin another, and repeat. I love to papercraft! :) Scrapbooking, card-making, the occasional origami penguin when the mood strikes. I write, read, and speak poetry. Writing can be considered a craft I think. I'm constantly creating messes and rearranging and attempting to declutter them and reorganize which seems to always lead me to a crafty project. I tried to learn to knit, it was terrible. I cannot knit. So I tried to learn to crochet. I thought I understood it, apparently I didn't. So I cannot crochet either. I also try new crafts. I'm terrible in craft stores, I could spend hours there. And I just bought one of the new DMC Linea embroidery kits in the hopes of keeping my hands busy since the semester is over and I'm left with the television and junk food in the kitchen.

Sorry for the rambling. It's late.

I must admit that's no excuse for me, I always ramble. I'm loquacious, which is just a fancy-schmancy word for talkative :)

I'm Jenn, I live in Alaska with my husband who was stationed here in the Army.
    I luv anything and everything crafty!
    I love: sewing, my pfaff, knitting (but I'm just learning and so far not doing so well!), collaging, making cigarbox purses, painting, stamping,

I also dig coffee, kids, my two insane cats, my jeep(even if it is a stupid stickshift!), my husband, traveling (just came from living in Germany), folding laundry (it's soothing to me. Go figure.), incense, thrift stores (my mecca!), curling my hair, cooking, volunteering, mornings, skiing (though it ends up as snowsitting a lot), hiking and camping, reading...

I'll sum it up by saying I'll try anything once, and if I like it, you'll never get me away from it!

Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads