Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: introduce yourself

Re: introduce yourself

Quote Originally Posted by KittenHasAWhip
    Quote Originally Posted by jean
    who are you? what floats your boat, where do you live and what makes you crafty?
    My name is Tracey. I'm 21 years old and a senior at a tiny li'l liberal arts college in MD.

I must admit that's no excuse for me, I always ramble. I'm loquacious, which is just a fancy-schmancy word for talkative :)
    tracy, never apologize for being loquacious. loquacious=good.

2. # ADS

Re: introduce yourself

tracy, never apologize for being loquacious. loquacious=good.
    Thank you, Jean :) Now if you could let my professors and all my friends know that loquaciousness is a good thing I'd appreciate it! *hehe* I've been known to talk people's ears off before... Well not really, but if that actually did happen I don't think I'd ever say another word :P

I forgot to mention in my first post that I'm addicted to craft store shopping. Today I bought a plain pink Hanes cotton tee to modify, two small scrapbooks, and some rub on word transfers. My newest crafty mission: to use what I've got instead of this constant acquisition of everything new.

My name is Stephanie, and I am:

+ 20-something
    + married, with golden retriever & guinea pig
    + a recent graduate
    + moving this summer (Atlanta to Asheville)
    + a natural redhead with an outie bellybutton
    + hoping to be a published author of children's literature

I am inspired by:

+ other crafty girls (!)
    + silent comedies
    + Charlie Kaufman, Roald Dahl, J.K. Rowling
    + lime green & hot pink
    + thrift store shopping

I am crafty because:

+ I can't stop buying fabric
    + I have six projects going on right now (three pieces of furniture being refinished, two picture frames being painted, one cushion being sewed)

howdy, I'm Miss M (formally MojoMama on those other boards). Recently moved from Austin, TX to Dallas area(Plano, if you must know). Still finding my sea legs here after 3 months. I miss Austin a lot.
    Live with my husband, our son(who is a cutiesweetiepie & almost 3) and our 4-footed foofer(that's doggie to you) RubyJune.
    I like to pretend I can sew and then spend obscene amounts of time bonding with my seamripper. I also like to make cards and things for friends and I'm also working on a few scrapbooks. I have fun "cooking" with my kiddo and basically trying out all sorts new craft projects(as inspired by these boards!). I feel like you aren't a true crafter if you don't have at least 5 or 6 projects going at one time. Incomplete projects that have been shoved under you bed for about 3 years count too. I am obsessed with buying budget decorating magazines and then never actually redecorating our house. Don't worry, I'm saving them just in case I win a million bucks or get a sudden burst of energy and get the urge to use those ideas!
    Oh, I'm almost 30.
    I think that about covers it. I really like these boards. A lot more relaxed and cozy than the other board. Feels more friendly for some reason, which is odd, since so many people are the same.
    Anyway, that's me!
    :miss m

NaturallySteph,

I am so so glad to see you here!! I kept debating about whether to try to convince you to come to the hip home ec boards, I didn't know if it would seem pushy.

I have missed your posts, you always have such insightful things to say.

Color me happy. (:

Hey Ladies...

I just realized that I forgot to add a link to my artsy craftsy album. I have been perusing the work of so many of you talented crafty divas and figured I'd share my little ole rick rack, lol. I haven't updated it in several months but it gives you a jist of a few of my crafty obssessions! I have completed several projects since then and will begin taking pics to update the album.

http://www.fotki.com/earthtones

the album is "matters of the art" and the password is mosaic

Let me know what you think :-)

the password doesn't work. am i doing something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by EarthTones
    Hey Ladies...

I just realized that I forgot to add a link to my artsy craftsy album. I have been perusing the work of so many of you talented crafty divas and figured I'd share my little ole rick rack, lol. I haven't updated it in several months but it gives you a jist of a few of my crafty obssessions! I have completed several projects since then and will begin taking pics to update the album.

http://www/fotki.com/earthtones

the album is "matters of the art" and the password is mosaic

Let me know what you think :-)

the password doesn't work. am i doing something wrong?
    Oops-a-daisy! I corrected the link in the original post, it should work now ;-)

I like to pretend I can sew and then spend obscene amounts of time bonding with my seamripper.
    Hahaahahhaha, Miss M! Delightful. Should be my epitaph.

me me me

Hello there. I'm Elizabeth. I'm 23 and live in Greenwich Village in NYC. New York's rad I guess but I left for 5 years and now I don't have many pals here! Toronto is my second home... but no jobs to be had so alas...

I love designing t-shirts, sewing scraps of fabric onto things, baking, graphic design, crocheting, and I really really really want to learn to sew properly. I have all these old patterns from the 60s and no idea how to make them real :(

I have a web site that is in dire need of an update and a journal that gets updated with alarming regularity! (ebm.diaryland.com)

I'm not recently married nor do I have any pets. But I do think Peter Krause from Six Feet Under is breathtaking, and I love pugs. It's a start? [/b]

Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads