Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: introduce yourself

introduce yourself

ok. i know many of you already know each other from glittter but i still love the idea of an intro so that any new people can get a sense of who is here. i don't want people to feel left out!

who are you? what floats your boat, where do you live and what makes you crafty?

2. # ADS

I'm Michelle. I live in NC. I don't like it, but i'm coming to terms with being stuck here. At least I know where everything is. I'm unemployed and working on my own business making jewelry and other hand made things. I'm studying silversmithing and I'm working on a political science degree. I think I'll be about 80 when I finally finish. I've been married for 5 and 1/2 years, we've just decided to start working on a baby. Until then we'll just have to baby our 4 cats, dog and rabbit. I like to make jewelry, knit/crochet, paint with pastels, sew.... I'll try any craft once. I spend way too much time on the internet.
    twebster likes this.

I'm Kristen. I like high fives, tea, superbowl parties, beer in green bottles, dinosaurs, well-seasoned potatoes, hobbits, halo, squash (yes, the vegetable), pinatas, plasma grenades, pillows, Chicago, Captain, and anything pickled.

I was kristenasaurus on old Glitter.

I'm Nikki. I live in a small town in BC, Canada. I'm 18, and currently taking a year off to travel and relax before going back to university. I spend too much time reading library books. I also like to listen to music, write, hike, cross-country ski, cook, and send mail (mostly through PostcardX). I'm less crafty than some here - I do a few papercrafts, a bit of crochet, and a lot of mending. I'm trying to teach myself to sew and knit. My major project at the moment, though, is the vegetable garden.
    twebster likes this.

Hi, I'm Jen. I'm 31. I work in IT for a state school in northern New England and I'm working on a Master's in Adult Ed & Development. I've been on the getcrafty boards since around 2001 and I love these new forums.

I've been happily married for almost 2 years and we just bought our first house last fall.

The following currently float my boat:
    *Yoga
    *My husband
    *My guinea pigs
    *Crossword puzzles - doing them and creating them
    *True crime tv shows, books, audio books, you name it
    *Viggo Mortensen
    *Signing up for free samples online
    *Ice cream
    *Keeping a journal
    *Baking
    *Garnier Fructis
    *Corn Nuts

The crafts I do most are crocheting, origami, beading, cross-stitch, and felt crafts ("are those crafts FELT?" - makes me think of that stupid old joke, "is your sweater felt?").

The tragedy of my life is that I will never EVER live long enough to read all the books I want to read or do all the crafty projects I want to do!

My main crafty thing is sewing, but I Stitch 'n Bitch at least once a week, so I guess I'm going to have to start claiming knitting and crocheting, too. But there's no craft I won't try once.

I live in North Carolina, but I didn't grow up here. I mentioned recently I wanted to move somewhere warmer and got back, "Wamer than here!?" As if it was freakin' Tahiti.

I believe knitters and crocheters should come together as a happy yarn-loving family. But I expect peace in the Middle East first.

I love Dirty Dancing, John Cusack, my dance class, urban legends, languages, dark chocolate, Star Trek, kilts, monkeys, strawberry daiquiris, Jimmy Buffett, and making messes. But I wish I had someone else to always clean them up.
    Tjnewsome likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wuzzled

I love ...making messes. But I wish I had someone else to always clean them up.
    you said it sister!
    AllStrungOut likes this.

Hello there. I'm Alyssa. I'm 21, and a junior at a tiny school in suburban Chicago. I'm a political science major/English lit minor.

I'm not nearly as crafty as everyone else is here. I'm making a valiant effort to change that, though. My biggest accomplishment of late in that venue has been painting the flowerpot my cactus, Chetward, lives in. I also love to cook, though, and I make a mean mix tape.

Things I heart: traveling (I'll be spending fall semester in China and Japan), reading, my dog, journaling (in my regular journal and my LJ), writing letters, and having random adventures with my very eccentric friends.

im abby. im 20. i used to post occasionally on glitter, i mainly just lurke.

i go to ball state university in muncie, IN and live with 5 other people. i'll graduate next may with a degree in entrepreneurship and spanish.

i love to travel, although i haven't been anywhere in a long time, and i love to cook.

i dont have a job but my boyfriend feeds me because i clean his house and wash his dishes.

i try lots of different crafts, some successful ones have been boxes, crotcheing, sewing, papermaking, and collages..and i like to organize things. heh.
    Mrs. Short likes this.

I'm Alysha. I'm 29 and live near Sydney in Australia. On Glitter I was GerberaGirl (I think that was how I spelt it), though I didn't post all that often.

I'm currently working towards a BA (Internet Studies) so all things geeky are interests of mine as are all things crafty. Craft wise, my current obsession is knitting, but I'm just a beginner so I've made a few scarves and just finished a cell phone cozy. It was meant to be a kitty phone cozy with little ears, but I did something wrong and it looked like a hood...so maybe it is a monk cell phone cozy.

I love cooking and have a wee addiction to collecting retro (50s, 60s, 70s) cookbooks, I have over 40 now.

Hopefully I will post more here and not lurk so much :)

Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads