View Poll Results: what's your favorite craft?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • cooking

11 16.67%
  • knitting

14 21.21%
  • crocheting

5 7.58%
  • decoupage

6 9.09%
  • sewing

8 12.12%
  • home decorating

7 10.61%
  • thrift shopping

9 13.64%
  • writing

6 9.09%
  • putting together crazy outfits

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

what's your favorite craft?

i like cooking, but i'm really interested in what most craftistas do for crafting pleasure.

cook, knit, crochet, dance, craft, decoupage, decorate, thrift shop, sew, put together crazy outifts?

2. # ADS

My favorite craft is rubber stamping cards. I lack the ability to draw, paint or otherwise create images with my hand. I love the creativity that rubber stamping provides. I can work with images that more gifted hands have developed and use them to create small, personal tokens. I love working with the colors, images, papers and fibers. The possiblilites are endless.

You forgot to list embroidery! I'm tied between embroidery and knitting myself. I probably embroider more since it is so much cheaper and I have this problem with falling in love with expensive yarn.

I picked knitting, but only because it's currently tied with quilting and quilting wasn't on the list.

I like cooking too .... but I spend more time doing that than any other craft, so I get my fill.

I picked home decorating, because that's what I'm in the throes of right now - I absolutely love it. But I love cooking and gardening equally as much. You should be allowed to vote for more than one answer!! :) I also like trying new crafts - in the last few months I have had a go at knitting (using Stitch n' Bitch as my guide and inspiration) and embroidery. Next I am going to try making some little tubs of lip balms.

Quote Originally Posted by xuli
    I picked knitting, but only because it's currently tied with quilting and quilting wasn't on the list.

I like cooking too .... but I spend more time doing that than any other craft, so I get my fill.
    duh! quilting is amazing, one of the crafts i really admire. i have to fix the options so that there are more options. it may take a few days...

I was going to pick knitting until I saw writing. I really do love to write the best. Blogs, journals, lists, emails, you name it. I do a ton of peronal writing at home, and luckily I have the chance to write technical articles at work, and I also have to write papers and essyas for school. . .I guess it's a good thing I enjoy it so much b/c I'm knee-deep in it.

I've realized that I kind of think in terms of writing. . .like, in my brain, when I form thoughts, it's more like seeing words written out on a page to myself. Or sometimes I'll be walking around campus, narrating a little story in my head about people around me.

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    quilting is amazing, one of the crafts i really admire.
    Now I feel dishonest, like maybe I should clarify that I'm not a "real" quilter because I only have the guts to do tied quilts for now. But yeah -- it is an amazing craft. Last week I was in this small-town history museum (I love those!) admiring these amazing Little Red Riding Hood-themed quilts made in the 1900's and felt humbled to think that anything I could make could even belong in the same crafting family as these works of art.

Knitting, for sure. It's only in the past couple of years that I've felt this way, as I really got into learning different stitches, more complicated projects, etc. And I still have a lot to learn and many experiments I want to try, so it keeps me interested!

I used to really enjoy writing, but I'm not really inspired anymore. I do technical writing as a large part of my job, so maybe that's part of the problem. Maybe I need to take a creative writing class to get the juices flowing again.

i can't even vote. i honestly love all these crafts so much. and calligraphy, playing music, throwing parties. all of that, too. ; )

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads