View Poll Results: Will your vote count?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm a swinger!

11 40.74%
  • No, I'm among liberals like me!

8 29.63%
  • No, I'm among conservatives like me!

0 0%
  • No, I'm surrounded by gun-toting oil-guzzling clinic-bombing conservaties!

7 25.93%
  • No, I'm surrounded by tree-hugging freedom-hating commie liberals!

1 3.70%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Will your vote count?

Many of us are surrounded by like-minded individuals, so our votes won't really "count" whereas those lucky few of you are in those oh-so-crucial swing states. Which are you, and you swingers, what are you doing to get out the crafty feminist vote?

(Yes, these poll options were meant to be inflammatory, not telling which set of characteristics I agree with besides the correct ones...)

2. # ADS

Oh, no, the "No, I can't vote in American elections" option didn't get registered...

Well, locally I'm surrounded by likemindeds (so much so that I'm getting FREAKING sick of hearing all the liberals--i.e., my friends and coworkers--have the same damn conversation. Let's have the election and be done with it already!), but outside of the immediate vicinity we are surrounded by the enormous state of Texas, and Texans love their Prez.

well I can't actually vote, but my husband was a PA resident, and switched to NY for the election. Why? Because in PA he felt that he would have to vote for Kerry, a cantidate that he only believes in a little bit more than Bush. Here in NY he can vote for who ever he wants and not fell guillty (I know that is such a radical notion... voting for who ever you want!)
    (more on the who will you vote for thread)

alterego: take your likeminded friends and head for the sticks! You might have to pull out the "Republicans for Kerry" schtick, but still, if they're getting on your nerves tell them to put their money where their mouth is.

bree: I understand where he's coming from a bit, but if Bush wins PA Florida style... scary.

Quote Originally Posted by kindarana
    alterego: take your likeminded friends and head for the sticks! You might have to pull out the "Republicans for Kerry" schtick, but still, if they're getting on your nerves tell them to put their money where their mouth is.
    Ha! Just the other night I saw a "Republicans for Kerry" sticker on someone's car and thought, wow, that's much more persuasive than just a regular old Kerry sticker. Then I thought, wait a minute, what's to stop liberals from posing as Republicans for Kerry to sway real Republicans? Well, I guess honesty, if you're into that kind of thing.

Well last time I was in Texas, I had the pleasure of dining with a local (albeit one originally from Ohio). He said it's exactly because he's a Republican that he's against Bush --- because Bush is counter to everything about the Republican philosophy that this guy liked: smaller government, reduced spending, not telling his wife what she could do with her body, limited "nation-building"... I wish I could remember the rest.

I just moved to a swing state from Massachusetts. I cannot believe the transformation it has made in my thinking. Not my choice of candidate, but my complete intolerance for the people who raise apathy to some sort of political participation. When you are in a firm blue or red state, it seems funny to say its the lesser of two evils or that you are going to write in Mickey Mouse - well, I no longer find that funny. These two candidates are so different there is no reason that you cannot make an informed decision about which one you are voting for and then get off your ass and campaign for them. If you want them to be president (or don't want the other guy to be) then that is worth a few hours of your time being an active citizen. If you live in a blue or red state, I bet there is a swing state within driving distance, plus, phonebanking can be done from anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by cackalackie
    Well last time I was in Texas, I had the pleasure of dining with a local (albeit one originally from Ohio). He said it's exactly because he's a Republican that he's against Bush --- because Bush is counter to everything about the Republican philosophy that this guy liked: smaller government, reduced spending, not telling his wife what she could do with her body, limited "nation-building"... I wish I could remember the rest.
    Yeah, whatever happened to the FISCAL republicans, anyway? I think I could dine with them.

Quote Originally Posted by alterego
    Well, locally I'm surrounded by likemindeds... but outside of the immediate vicinity we are surrounded by the enormous state of Texas, and Texans love their Prez.
    Not all of us ;). Go Kerry-Edwards!

Alison, hippie liberal Dallasite who knows Bush is taking Texas but is voting for Kerry anyway

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads