Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bitch and moan

bitch and moan

ok. i am so tired. really, really tired and my throat hurts and daycare is closed today because of the holiday but i forgot and got sydney up and dressed and walked down to maryellen's loft to drop him off, but alas, maryellen wasn't there. and i have a cold and a paper due tomorrow.

boo. hoo.

anyone else feel like complaining>

2. # ADS

Awww shucks, Jean. I hope your day gets brighter! I've done the "get the kids dressed and out the door" thing and realized it was the wrong day -- always on a day I really needed some "Me Time" to catch up with myself. Darn Christopher Columbus!

I'll complain that my house is a mess and it just seems like I keep cleaning it and nothing happens. Because my house is a mess, I cannot work on projects in my studio. I have a baby bag that was due yesterday (well, the baby was born Monday last week..so really a few yesterdays ago!) and it seems like I am suddenly out of all the colors of thread I need. My kids drove me nuts this weekend, as did my husband. I really needed time alone, but felt guilty about it for some reason. The only thing that will make me feel better is if I go shopping, but that is a temporary fix and since I turned down a wedding gig this upcoming weekend, I don't have the money I need for shopping therapy. *whew* I could keep going -- wasn't even feeling like complaining when I first read this, but once I started....yikes!

I do feel a bit better though!

Some days I really feel like moaning - and usually it's because people (mostly drivers) are acting like jerks.

Today, though, it's circumstance. I had to put the Golf in the shop - again - as the cruise control isn't working. And I need to get the tail light replaced before I can get the inspection that was due in August. (That alone is a feat to pull off - not to mention that just putting a car in the shop isn't that easy with two kids and two car seats and a day job to get to!)

And the Honda....well, it died this morning. My husband, thank goodness, was just at his exit when it conked off. (He drives about 60 miles each way, every day.)

So now we need to buy a new car --- and figure out how he can get to work in the meantime.

I'm sorry Jean, hope you're feeling better and inspired to write a great paper.

Overall things are great for me but 1) I have the worst case of moody PMS ever. No physical pains but I just feel really really sad. 2) I agreed to go have dinner with somebody and he somehow misinterpreted the whole thing. And even when I tried to correct him as compassionately as possible, his response was "I won't bother you blah blah blah...but if you change your mind." It just kind of depressed me because it's obvious this is somebody without a whole lot of self respect. 3) I have had insomnia for a month and it's got to the point that I'm on meds. And I'm hating having to choose between not sleeping and feeling like a zombie. 4) I really wish that my coworkers would stop using meetings to gripe or boss everybody else around and focus on actually cooperating with one another.

Yep-I wish I could be optimistic. I am thankful for what I have, but I am bummed about the following things:

1. A service group in my hometown might shut down because we don't have enough members. I have been in the group for 7 years, and I'm sad...I'm trying to get new people in though.

2. My College Spanish Class is hard as hell! I have so much work to do for it! We have mandatory lab time, and I fell behind because of an emergency...and I need the time to be allowed to take our test.
    Ugh.

3. I have this mysterious aching for a bouquet of flowers, but alas, I'm broke and so is my boyfriend. Flowers are so nice though..I just want a few..not a field full.

I'm so glad I could lay this off my chest! I'm having difficulty dealing with stuff, and I need a place to post it.

I hope things improve for all of us.

One of my kitties has been sick for over a month. She's been to the vet repeatedly, and thankfully has no major diseases, but does need pills. Sometimes she throws up the pills, sometimes she won't eat, everyday is something new it seems. I've explored all angles of the problems and tried all kinds of stuff, but I am frustrated -- not with my kitty, but the situation. I am also irritated at people who think pets are a dime a dozen and not worth spending the money to find out what is or isn't wrong with them.

I can't seem to get over feeling fatigued. That's a constant problem for me having fibromyalgia, but the fatigue seems worse than usual.

I'm also fed up with people who are selfish and can't see that their actions can affect others in highly negative ways (yes, there's a specific situation but I don't really want to go into it).

Thanks for the chance to vent.

i hope everyone starts feeling better soon!

my complaints are not really so important as others', but i have an intermittently sore back from shelving books at the library (and right now it's sore!). today i printed from my three most recently developed rolls of film... and realized that i do not know how to take a self-portrait. i also have a poetry test tomorrow, that i've enjoyed studying for suprisingly, but tests still freak me out. and next week, i have two more! ahh, midterms...

art history exams are the worst because you have to know umpteen artists plus titles and dates for a large selection of their work! plus, you have to have something interesting to say about them... not my fave. but... this weekend will mean lots of hot chocolate and "buckling down" to learn this stuff.

Urgh, I have a paper due tomorrow as well that I have put off until the very last. It's about knitting, which seems like it should be fun, but I'm still pulling out teeth to get it written. Plus, apparently, I need total chaos around me to write as I have managed to turn a reasonably tidy apt. into a clutter disaster over the past 24 hours. Ah, well. It will be over tomorrow one way or another!

Good thoughts to the rest of you, paper writers and otherwise.

oh how appropriate!
    I'm sorry you've had a suck day.

This is why I love get crafty, people can always commiserate.
    I just wanted to complain in no particular order that today
    I have a headache that 2 extra strength tylenol cannot fix and additionally I normally barely need 1
    The new guy basically decided to show up to a meeting this AM, complain that he didn't get any sleep b/c he was moving (his excuse for the past 4 weeks now) and go home to sleep. And no one of importance cares. Of course my peers care, but no managment cares.
    I have to go through 5 long documents now with the headache b/c guess what the new guy said we should have it all done by 1PM tomorrow instead of the whole week as previously agreed.
    The neighbor upstairs, the little college girl who sounds like a giant elephant when she walks, pours water all over our porch when she waters our plants and often had parties that were loud in the past year, suddenly decided to say that we play our music too loud (my b/f and i don't even think we had music on last night) in a passive agressive note that makes me want to go up there and yell in her face.

No i really don't want to but i've been having such a crap day that that was the last straw that made me want to cry, so stupid girl upstairs, go f*ck yourself. Ok that was harsh, i really want to say that to the new guy at work but that wouldn't be very conductive to working, so girl upstairs, i'm sorry that we've been phantomly loud when you're the one that makes enough noise and vacuums at 7AM. New guy, go take a flying leap, and headache, you're 3 days old, STOP IT already.

See I feel vented already :)
    thanks!
    jt

ti
    This is a great thread; it kinda justifies everything, huh?

I feel like I have been in school forever! I have been in this credential/MA program since last January with out a real break (yes even full time summer school). Every time I think I might get a week off -- something comes up! Like my field supervisor scheduled us for observations during what would have been my only break.

I am a bit sick of it all - really burnt! And while I was helping my master teacher today (the students were super belligerent today) one of them got in my face and when I turned my back called me a b!tch.

Let's just say that my MT was not too supportive ... I couldn't prove it and was not in the mood to deal with it all.

I am working at a new job plus the other one I am already working at ... the computer/office work I have to do is so archaic, the billing is actually done on a MS-DOS computer and the A/R bimonthly is written by hand ...

I have been sleep deprived for months! And have some 12 hour days @ school during the week ... It is an understatement when I say I am tired ... and crocheting kept me sane today after my student's outburst :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads