Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Burt's Bees Products - what do you think?

Last week I asked about moisturizers for my poor oily-breaking out- yet dry and dull face. (thanks for all the advice! I think I'm going to cut back on the salicylic acid products and see how it goes)

I was thinking about giving Burt's Bees facial products a try - but none of them are labeled what kind of skin they are for. Peanut recommended the Beeswax face creme (the light one, I assume?), which looks good - but of course, the words "wax" and "creme" cause a knee jerk reaction and I think "That's going to make me break out!". The Marshmallow Vanishing Creme looks good too.

So, what are your experiences with Burt's Bees products, especially the facial ones?

(I use Burt's lip balm and coconut foot cream and I love them both!)

-Amy (who hopes to one day use only one line of facial products)

2. # ADS

i've used what you have used. haven't used any of the facial stuff, but i did try the carrot lotion one time and thought i was going to throw up. ick.

some stores carry the burt's bee's samplers, with small sizes of their products, so you don;t have to buy a whole big tube or jar of the stuff. the facial moisturizers i tried were a little bit too much for my face, but i LOVE their lemon cuticle cream.

oh yeah, i forgot about the cuticle cream! i like it too.

oops, double post somehow.

I liked the carrot cream, but it does have a unique smell that may not agree with everyone. It's moisturizing, and I don't think it gave me breakouts, but I haven't used it for a while.

If you have cats or dogs, they may try to lick the cream off of you. I forget which Burt's product it was but whenever I'd put it on, my cat or dogs would lick it off my hands or legs.

I have used both the beeswax creme and the marshmallow creme and I prefered the beeswax one, but that's because in the winter my face gets so dry and red that I treat it by gooing on the goo, and the beeswax one was a little more gooey than the marshmallow. I do get some break outs but no more so than I would if I weren't using the goo. I think it took a little bit of time for my skin to get used to it, too. but I would reccommend! I started with a sample kit myself, and then was hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by shawneemonkey
    i LOVE their lemon cuticle cream.
    I share the love. Great stuff!

I love the sampler kits. I've used their products before, but end up buying a sampler every now and then. The plastic zip cases the stuff comes in is perfect for knitting notions, pens, makeup, etc.

The avocado hair conditioning creme is freaking amazing. It leaves your hair feeling like silk. Nothing else works like it.

I like their lipsticks too. The colors are subtle enough for me, and still give me the satisfaction of that minty tingle.

I picked up the Beeswax Light Creme, so we'll see how it goes! I wish it didn't smell like rosewater, but I'll live.

I also got the Mulberry lipstick - I really like how it feels and goes on. I wanted it to be a little more burgundy in color, but I think if I get a slightly darker lipliner for when I want longer wear, it'll work out great.

A friend used to use the cuticle butter as a lip balm - it said it would satisfy her craving for something sweet to eat!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads