Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: job anxiety

Most places I've work only checks references on the chosen candidate!

Good luck!

2. # ADS

i would go for it, i've been in that spot and it changed my life for the better. i'm sure your employer will understand. you figure you'll be at your job for 40 hours of your week. make them count. go where it is most fulfilling for you! Either way you have job security now, so way to go!!

They offered me the job yesterday! Trying to tie up loose ends at my current job now. Thanks everyone for your encouragement!

Yay! Congrats! :)

ti
    great news!!!

This is slightly off-topic, but anyway ...

When I started this position I negotiated seriously with my employer. I thought the salary and security they were offereing were below-par for my qualifications, but I wanted the job. I got alot of crap about this frm my parents who basically were apalled that I would negoitatie with my employer on salary, benefits, etcetera. Their attitude was that I was lucky to be offered a position, and that I shouldn't jeopardize it by asking for what I really wanted.

Well I disagree, and I still got my job, and my negotiations were somewhat successful. So now, I am trying to figure where my parent's 'tude cam from. I am trying hard not to feel like it is because I'm a girl, but truthfully, it seems like when women agressively ask for what they want they get trashed, but if men DON'T then THEY get trashed. I don't think politely negotiating makes me a bitch ... Am I being crazy? Has anyone else had this happen to them? What is up with that?

OOPS! I forgot to say congrats, girlthursday! You should be flattered that you are such a hot commodity!

del

Thanks everyone for your congrats and support!!
    I've experienced some stress weight loss this week- I only gave 2 days notice at work but my boss was understanding and wished me well, telling me to learn as much as I possibly could at my next job. She was very gracious. I'm taking Monday off to recover and starting my new job Tuesday. yay!! :)

In any case, you must choose what is best for you, and if you need to make a choice between the work of your dreams and the usual work, I would not hesitate to choose a dream job.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads