Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

election night nervousness.. what are you doing?

i'm knitting like mad, gauging for projects i don't intend to start anytime soon.

right now, gauging for knitty's hush-hush which means teeny size 2s with little bits of cotton yarn. ah, it *is* helping my nerves though.

(the only other option is to finish all the halloween candy so i *have* to keep my hands busy. ;)

2. # ADS

Oi - I'm puttering between the tv and the computer, and obsessively refreshing the cnn page.

I am actually too distracted to knit - I started out in front of the tv knitting, but there were an unusual number of small catastrophies.

So, yeah...puttering, and biting my nails.

I watched Gilmore Girls (excellent distraction, btw), transferred files from one computer to another, watched The Daily Show (not so excellent a distraction), cheered when they called a couple of states for Kerry, cried when they called states for Bush. Now, I'm trying to write my novel for NaNoWriMo, but I'm stalled 752 words and twitching nervously.

I mean, I'm really bad. My ex used to compare me to Hitler because when I get stressed, I start rocking back and forth and shaking and tonight it's worse than it's been for a long time.

And I ate some Phish food, abandoning some chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream because I needed more chocolate.

I did school work!

Now I'm sitting in front of the computer, clicking back and forth between news websites, eating leftover Halloween candy, trying to decide what to make for dinner.

Gah...it looks like I'm not going to be sleeping tonight -- I went in to tell my mother the latest poll results and she started screaming because I woke her up and she thought I was a serial killer or something and nearly gave me a heart attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Katydid
    Oi - I'm puttering between the tv and the computer, and obsessively refreshing the cnn page.

I am actually too distracted to knit - I started out in front of the tv knitting, but there were an unusual number of small catastrophies.

So, yeah...puttering, and biting my nails.
    yeah me too, jumping between watching cnn and hitting refresh on the cnn election page and talking on irc.

its sad, i cancelled my karate class tonight to watch the election cuz i knew most of my students were just going to be doing that anyways.

One of my friend's came over for dinner & election results. I made marsala chicken & spinach, broccoli, and mashed potatoes. And we split a bottle of wine while watching the election results on the telly.

I'm really happy about Barack Obama's win; he's my Senator now, yay!

As for the rest of it, I'm feeling anxious and compelled to chain smoke.

I refused to listen to news on my hour-long drive home tonight. When I left class, Bush was ahead; when I got home, Kerry had caught up.

Now, I really want to cry and I'm tired and I have just accepted that tomorrow when I wake up, nothing will have changed. :( (God, I sound like Eeyore.)

Thomas Jefferson is spinning in his grave.

Knitting mittens and watching The Daily Show. I don't know if I can sleep tonight, even though I have to work early tomorrow morning.

wine is my friend, i hope to escape my usual insomnia which will only be compounded by ohio... i'm going to be so ashamed of my minnesotan roots if they go red, i'm going to have to finally get my CA drivers license i think.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads