Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mean girls.

mean girls.

I braved a theater full of preteens and their "fugly" boyfriends in order to watch Mean Girls, and I loved it. My friend, a gay boy, didn't understand why I was laughing as much as I did. Of course, he wasn't a girl in elementary, junior high, and high school.

The movie made me remember terrible things my friends and I did to each other. And why I "changed" in middle school and tried to be grungey and why I listened to Hole and all that.

It's an embarrassing memory watching Mean Girls, and I think everyone should watch it. I think it's one of the best mainstream teen movies to date.

I think I most identified with the treacherous three-way phonecalls. You know, "So, So-and-So has been pissing me off (and so-and-so is on the other line, listening). What about you, Whoosiwhatsitface?" "Oh, yeah. She's a bitch."

Ah, girls.

2. # ADS

I have been looking forward for weeks to seeing this movie. My husband kids me about the "issues" I must have. But he also knows that Tina Fey RAWKS, so it's bound to be fun.

I've had prior commitments last night and tonight, but I think we'll probably go to see it tomorrow. I won't be surprised if I pick up a few pointers from it on how to succeed socially even at my age (I was so clueless about it back in the day).

I was thinking about taking my Mom to go see it this week or next. I guess I will since someone has recommended.

I loved it too, I've seen it twice already! Once for work and then last night i took my daughter and son (tween kids) to see it, they loved it too. You can so tell it was written from the heart and embesllished with so many little truthful bits. Great job to Tina Fey for writing the screenplay!

I don't normally go to movies unless I get sneak preview passes and I did for Mean Girls. it was smart and funny!

Going into it all I knew was that Tina Fey wrote the screenplay, but I didn't realize it was based on a book Queen Bee and something or another so I think I might pick that up.

The reason I discovered Mean Girls in the first place (although I later on read the Bust interview with Tina Fey) was because I was browsing imdb.com, daydreaming about which directors I'd have direct my movies I'd write (I'm soooo dorky sometimes), and I saw Mark Waters had a new movie.

I guess he's softened up some since his days of creepy incest in The House of Yes (great movie!).

And it has Tim Meadows in it, who NEVER gets as much credit as he deserves.

I haven't seen it, but from the previews, it seems like a modern-day re-telling of Heathers, minus the killing? But I've only heard good things about it, so I'm gonna check it out for myself :)

i'm a sucker for the teangirl flick (watched uptown girls yesterday and cried) so i cannot wait to see this! have to try and jig a night out with the girls to go.

Definitely well worth seeing!

I think I'm better at not talking shit about people than some people I know, but it inspired me to do better at it.

Also, I loved seeing Neil Flynn be the total opposite of the jerky janitor on "Scrubs." Much as I love the janitor, of course.

Just saw this last night and absolutely loved it. I think men seeing it will think it's more exaggerated than it is, I feel squirmy thinking how close to real life it really is. Thank god three way calling was not invented until I was too old to use it in such a way! I'm a huge Lindsay Lohan fan, starting with her remake of Parent Trap--which, let me tell you, Parent Trap is one of my all-time favorite movies and I was verrry skeptical of anyone trying to remake it.

Love Tina Fey, great job on the script, great acting, good on her for playing a math teacher as well. Although the Mathletes thing was so much like Never Been Kissed that it spoiled it a little for me, but Mathletes were used in Freeks and Geeks as well, so maybe it's more public domain now than a direct ripoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssalicious
    Also, I loved seeing Neil Flynn be the total opposite of the jerky janitor on "Scrubs." Much as I love the janitor, of course.
    Ah, see, I totally could NOT get past him being the janitor. He was being all nice and supportive but I was waiting for him to bust out the snark.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads