View Poll Results: Which do you think is better?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • pc

27 49.09%
  • mac

28 50.91%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Which are you - PC or Mac?

Well, I'm leaving now to go buy my iMac. I am so happy!!

I think the first thing I will do is glue little tiny clear gems all over the bottom!

Thank you for all the input, I'll let you know how things progress! It's like going from automatic to stick shift - or is it the other way around?

2. # ADS

i got my imac1 i love it, i'm very happy. still getting used to it, but learning as i go. i'm happy to be back online again! my new issue is that my website program does not support macintosh, so now i have to figure out how to updat emy web site! one worry traded for another...oh welll....

Which are you - PC or Mac?

I'm Mac all the way.

I am a former Mac tech at one of the big mail-order computer houses, so if you have questions about stability or transferring files or anything, let me know! Macs, depending on OS, the programs you're running, etc, can sometimes be a bit flukey, but I'd rather have a bit of flukiness than a PC, ANY DAY!

Mac OS X is extremely stable, though...I rarely lock up anymore. Also, depending on the software you use, you're in a much better position to share and transfer files with your Mac. Macs come with PC-reading/decoding software, and there are TONS of shareware/freeware programs out there to help you transfer files and others that allow you to network with a PC in the house, etc. A lot of times, it's just a matter of going through your hard drive, reading up on what your Mac can do, and that sort of thing.

If you're concerned with a lack of software available to Mac users, check out www.macupdate.com for lots of cool multi-platform utilities.

I agree with the sentiment about eBay not being very Mac friendly, though. I think Mac-heads need to complain a bit more to them about that! However, there are lots of software developers out there who make programs that rival eBay's multi-listing TurboLister.

Again, if you have any questions, let me know!

Thanks,
    Chrissy
    www.ottseetotsee.com

mac -arachi. all day. love mine.

ooooh I love my mac. I'm home for the summer and having to use my parents PC - it's so sad! My I-mac is beautiful, has only crashed once in two years, and so far nobody really cares to make viruses for it.

I was raised on Macs. My dad brought home our first one in 1984! I recently purchased my first own computer and it's an iBook and it's great. The iBook I got isn't as powerful as I'd like but it's the lowest-end of all the Apple notebooks and it was in my price range (especially with Apple's student discount of 12%).

OSX rules. And I couldn't live without Safari's tabbed browsing. OK maybe I could. But I'm just sayin'.

I love my Sony Vaio. Go PCs! I remember learning a million DOS commands as a kid for my dad's 286 and I've been PC ever since. We have Macs at the lab, and they crash at least twice a day. Plus, I don't need my computer to smile at me, I just need it to work. I hate it when the G4 crashes with the little weird mac face still on the screen, mocking me.
    My bf has an EMac, though, and he loves it.

I was raised on Macs, my mom always HATED Bill Gates, so there you go. It might be because I was raised that way, but a tower, right click? Pshhhh!

I think they're way more user friendly and get less viruses, I love my wide-screen mac (best wedding present ever!)

The only downside I can think of is that I can't send myself word documents from work because I have "Pages" and not "Microsoft Word.."

I'm not about to shell out for Microsoft programs just to be able to do that....but yeah, it can be a little inconvenient at times..

i bought a word student program for $99 (for macs) , so i have the best of both worlds! it has microsoft office, all thep rograms, but for a mac!

99 dollars! I'll have to look around, because that would be niiiiice.

Thanks!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads