View Poll Results: Which do you think is better?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • pc

27 49.09%
  • mac

28 50.91%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Which are you - PC or Mac?

Which are you - PC or Mac?

I'm FINALLY getting a new home computer system. I've burned through 3 pc's over the past 10 years. My sister is a Mac die-hard and is trying to convince me that I am a Mac girl at heart screaming to be set free.

I'm seriously thinking of going Mac for my new system. I want to make flyers and do more artsy stuff, plus continue my writing and web stuff.

Any have feedback? I'm looking for the good and the bad. Right now with my four-year-old Gateway I've become accustomed to crashes every other day, accidently deleting my cd rom drive and a bunch of other stuff...

Should I cross over? And just because I'm curious - which camp are you in?

2. # ADS

I come from a long line of Mac lovers and am living w/ my bf who is a graphic designer and also makes weird computer music, so of course he is a Mac fan as well.

They just make more sense in my brain somehow...I love my little iMac!

mac, mac, mac

I heart Macs.

I am currently at home typing on a PC laptop. However, I use both PCs and Macs for work. I adore Macs. I see the benefits of both but my next home computer will be a Mac.

For design-y stuff, Macs are the way to go. The monitors are wonderful.

Plus, they are very pleasing aesthetically.

I made the switch about 6 months ago and haven't looked back. I don't think Snowball, my little ibook, has crashed once since I got her. The only time I am annoyed is when I am working from home. Actually, it's not the working from home part since my ibook opens PC files just fine; it's when I go back to work when I start having issues!

Plus little Snowball looks so much better on my desk than that horrible beige Compaq-from-hell I used to have.

i used macs all through college and then switched. for me, it's better to have my trusty thinkpad, because my work computers (ahem, where i have access to a scanner, color printer, etc) are all pcs, and if i want to print anything from home, switch files, etc, it's a lot easier to keep it the same. also, the macs i used all through college were wretchedly unreliable, and crashed like nobody's business. regularly. this was during the years 1994-1998, and i've heard they've come a long way since then.

how elaborate do you want to get with your software? and do you think it'd be more expensive? will it be harder to share files with people?

I use PC, I've never used a Mac. My husband is anti Mac so unless I save up the money to buy my own computer I'm PC for life. I have heard a lot of good things about Mac, even my husband admits that Macs are more stable than a PC with Windows, then he goes into a long speech about Linux. sigh. Macs are super cute, but I just can't get past the fact they don't have a start button and what is with the one button mouse?

I love Macs, I use a PC at my freelance job but they are a lot less intuitive to me. I hate all the C drive, J drive, P drive stuff and I get so freaked that I am accidentally going to save something to a weird drive and never find it again!!

My boyfriend just bought a pretty fancy PC at a yard sale for $200, and is using it to post stuff on eBay because it is so much faster to use those listing programs which are PC only than list each thing one by one on the Mac. That's the one thing that is hard--so many things exclude macs. When I check my Yahoo acct on a PC, there are more options, like making the text fancy and bold. On my mac I have one option only (unless I enable HTML).

And I know it must seem funny--but I like the one button mouse :) It's so much easier to me! I don't really know which of the PC buttons to use for a weird command.

So, yay for Macs!

I love my iBook. I switched just over a year ago and have never looked back. My pc crashed daily and my mac has crashed, I think, three times over the course of the year. I love the way it looks, it's light and I take it everywhere (my pc laptop weighed a ton).

I also have a Mac at work, so file transfers, etc. are easier for me. I did have trouble with that when I was in a pc office.

It's worth the investment, although I got mine on ebay for a steal.

mac all the way baby... they are very easy to fix (in fact often they will tell you what's wrong :lol:)

i just laugh when i read articles about another virus hitting Windows. bwahahaha... you can't get me.

(although getting software is easier when you have a pc)

PC all the way. Right number of buttons on the mouse, keys in all the right places, and you can type shortcuts instead of having to use the mouse for everything. And yes, I'm a graphic-arts type as well. I've had to work on plenty of Macs, and I've never seen anything they can do that a PC can't (except maybe some sound editing stuff a few years ago).

Want to upgrade part of your system? You can get a new part for your PC, rather than having to buy a whole new machine. All the computers I've ever owned have been built piece by piece.

As far as I'm concerned, working on a Mac is like trying to answer an essay test with only multiple-choice options or write a novel with a magnetic poetry kit.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads