Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New business name - opinions please!!

Hi everyone,

I am hoping that you all might be able to offer your opinions on some names i have been thinking of for the craft business i am setting up.

I will be selling items that i would class as home accessories which can be purchased as a gift for someone or for your own home. I also make framed button pictures - mostly to mark an occasion.

I have been brainstorming ideas for a name for so long now that i have lost the ability to see the difference between what might be a great name and what is an awful name!!

Please be very honest with your thoughts on what i have come up with so far and feel free to offer up any other ideas you may have.

Theme 1 - Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home - Handmade Gifts and accessories

Home Sweet Home Designs

Home Sweet Home Creations

Theme 2 - Treasures

Home Treasures

Hand Crafted Treasures
    Home accessories and Gifts

I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Vicky x

2. # ADS

I think "Home Sweet Home Creations" sounds great!! Makes me think of nice things that makes your home cosy
    I don't like "Home Crafted Treasures" so much... don't know why
    Maybe you like "Home is where your Heart is - Handmade Creations"

Let me know what you decided to choose

Quote Originally Posted by xviksx View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am hoping that you all might be able to offer your opinions on some names i have been thinking of for the craft business i am setting up.

I will be selling items that i would class as home accessories which can be purchased as a gift for someone or for your own home. I also make framed button pictures - mostly to mark an occasion.

I have been brainstorming ideas for a name for so long now that i have lost the ability to see the difference between what might be a great name and what is an awful name!!

Please be very honest with your thoughts on what i have come up with so far and feel free to offer up any other ideas you may have.

Theme 1 - Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home - Handmade Gifts and accessories

Home Sweet Home Designs

Home Sweet Home Creations

Theme 2 - Treasures

Home Treasures

Hand Crafted Treasures
    Home accessories and Gifts

I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Vicky x

I would like to recommend "Home Sweet Home - Handmade Gifts and accessories" .

I like the name Hand Crafted Treasures - Home accessories and Gifts. It sounds precious!

I think all the names you suggested are *pretty* good, but none blow me away. I've studied a fair bit of marketing and run some businesses myself, so I know that a name can be very important.

Here's what you want in a name:

1 - Descriptive - Ideally a customer should know what they are getting just from the name itself. This is especially important on the internet when people might only see the name of your site before they choose to click. This is most important for unknown companies (I.e. Amazon started as Amazon Books, IBM as International Business Machines - both descriptive names).

2 - Unique - You want a name that is unique. Especially with search engines being so important, a unique name might be necessary for your customers to even find you online. "Home Sweet Home Crafts" is probably not unique enough to stand out. I.e. If I searched "Home Sweet Home Crafts", I would probably get a million pinterest pages before I found your website.

3 - Evocative - A good name evokes an emotion. "Apple" evokes pleasant imagery, which is why Steve Jobs chose it. If Apple were called "Anchor" computers, it would evoke much different imagery.

I picked "The Anniversary Co" as the name for my business, because it describes exactly what we do and is unique enough to rank for it's own name.

Anyway, I hope that helps. I would pick something more descriptive (I.e. what exactly ARE you selling?), and unique.

Theme 1

very cool!!

use internet tools

Oh, how sweety "Home Treasures". I like it
    Guys, I have a question for you. How you think what's more important the brand or the service?

Home Sweet Home - Handmade Gifts and accessories - I like this one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads