Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: What To Do With An Empty "Journal?"

Smile What To Do With An Empty "Journal?"

So, I was at Anthropologie yesterday, and I was at the clearance section. I saw this super cute journal that was there for eight dollars and bought it of course. The front has some pretty designs and reads "NEVER LOSE YOUR SENSE OF WONDER." The pages inside are NON-RULED and have little butterflies in the bottom right corner for decoration like a border. I bought it...and now I don't know what to do with it. I already have a journal/diary, and a scrapbook. I love sketching, but am not really into sketchbooks either. Does anyone here have an idea for how to fill up this cute book?

2. # ADS

What To Do With An Empty "Journal?"

Why not make up a fictional travel journal? To someplace you want to see but probably never will. Download pictures from the web; markup a map; meet people online who live there and ask for stories to put in it. I remember some years ago fictional travelogues were popular in the bookstore.

I also bought a journal that I didn't really need. After some time I started to write down there my new cooking recipes

Quote Originally Posted by DirtandYarn View Post
    Why not make up a fictional travel journal? To someplace you want to see but probably never will. Download pictures from the web; markup a map; meet people online who live there and ask for stories to put in it. I remember some years ago fictional travelogues were popular in the bookstore.
    I like this idea. Never really thought about doing that.
    DirtandYarn likes this.

I really like journals and use them to track orders and materials for shopping and to write some ideas even if it's late in the night.

I was given a journal as a gift, one I wouldn't have bought for myself. What I've done with it, it's a project journal. When I run across something I want to "craft", I put it in that journal. As I finished a project, I taped a small pic of it onto the page. It's kind of neat to look back at what you've done, or realize you can't get to this or that project until you find the perfect glass knobs/wheels/light string or whatever you're needing to get it rolling. How often have we thought something would make a great project, then forgot about it, wondering why did we ever buy these little brass hinges? What was I going to do with them?
    In the craft journal, you all ready have your list! It's become a very handy tool.
    MichelleD likes this.

I do this all the time! I buy notebooks and don't know what to do with them. I just looooove notebooks haha

yes i use journal for drawing new idea of craft toy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads