skin nighmare! *tears out hair*

Since I moved to Paris a few weeks, my skin has been going crazy - it's dry and tight but with loads of spots so I'm scared to moisturise. I've tried oil-free moisturisers but they're just like water so don't do a whole lot of good. Does anyone have a foolproof and inexpensive skincare routine that I could follow? I'm not sure whether it's the pollution here, the time of year or diet but ANY tips or ideas will be very much appreciated!

Ta very muchly!

Miss H.

2. # ADS

Especially in autumn/winter my skin gets all dry and flaky, but when I moisturized I got spots. Well, no longer! I recently started using Dr Hauschka's products (it's a European brand, so you'll definitely be able to find it in Paris - look in health food shops) and my face is immensely better. I bought the moisturizing mask but use it as regular moisturizer after showering. It makes my face a bit glossy but I can live with that. If your skin isn't super dry the mask might be too rich, though, so you could try one of the other creams instead. My sister uses another Dr. Hauschka cream, I think it's called rose creme or something similar, and it's also very good. (Read the label in case you're allergic though, as some products contain peanut oil) Unfortunately Dr Hauschka products are quite expensive, but if you're lucky there are cheap(er) samples available. (I got mine at 75% off because it was about to expire...)

I didn't use to wash my face with anything but water, but my skin has improved a lot since I started using soap. Yes, soap. It's baby soap though, fragrance-free and mild...and I don't use it every day, just every other day (when I shower and wash my hair - my hair gets really greasy if I wash it more frequently than that).

Hope that helps!

I use Neutrogena's oil free moisturiser. I put a pretty good amount on before putting on my makeup (although I don't use foundation). By the time I'm done it's absorbed, but I put some more on for good measure before I set my skin with powder.

It may help too to not wash your face with too warm water. And try to use a natural cleanser with moisturiser.

One tip is to always have moisturiser handy so you can moisturise throughout the day. Prevention is key.

I don't know what products you have available, or what your budget is, but you can try a wider variety of moisturizers than just the oil free. If your skin's dry and tight, it needs moisture. The spots are more likely to even out after you get the moisture balanced. I know in the states there's the blurb "non-comedogenic" on a lot of products, meaning they won't clog pores and cause spots. Of course there's debate on how accurate this is. If you have a little money to spend, you could try to find a Clarins store somewhere. They have very good skin care, are based in France so you should be able to find them, and at least here in the states, will take back anything that doesn't work for you, even if you've used the entire product. So you could try out what is recommended and if it doesn't work get your money back.

lush

Have you tried any Lush products? I know that they have some stores in France, but I don't know exactly where. There products are supposed to be great, they were recommended to me by a friend who uses them. I haven't actually tried them because the ones I want to try can't be shipped when it is very hot and it is usually very hot here, luckily it just got cooler. I plan on ordering some stuff for Christmas gifts.

www.lush.com

Dry skin nightmare!

I used to have horribly dry/spotty skin until a dermatologist suggested I use "Purpose" soap (made by Johnson & Johnson)...it really works...cleans well without drying. After washing with the soap, apply a lightweight moisturizer...but not to the spotty bits. You'll look mah-va-lous!

Remove Ads

Ads