Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    R.E.M. - document :)

2. # ADS

I've been listening to all of Sonic Youth's albums in a row lately and I forgot how much I love "Expiremental Jet Set Trash No Star." A lot of people think it was a commercial sell-out, but it sends me back to my freshman year of college and how it introduced me to so much other music.

OOh i've been listening to Sonic Youth a lot lately too, and Lee Hazlewood and the Low Christmas ep (it's gonna be one that comes out every single christmas I just know it)

experimental jet set trash and no star! that's funny... i hadn't listened to it in ages and took it with me in the car yesterday and realized again how much i loved it. yay for sonic youth.

I love stellastarr* (sorry, stella, I'm sure that's ultra annoying). I've been listening to a bunch of mixes and the new Interpol lately too.

And my all-time favorite is the Joshua Tree, that makes the list pretty much every week.

a best of beach boys record from the mid 70's-sorry, cant remember the exact title-it seems to be the right type of music for summer, even if it has been a bit colder than usual here.

Quote Originally Posted by for_esme
    experimental jet set trash and no star! that's funny... i hadn't listened to it in ages and took it with me in the car yesterday and realized again how much i loved it. yay for sonic youth.
    There's just something about "Bull in the Heather" - I got to see them perform that at the Riverfest in Northampton, MA - at an actual race track :)

There's just something about "Bull in the Heather" - I got to see them perform that at the Riverfest in Northampton, MA - at an actual race track :)
    haha.... YES! I love that song, it's probably my favorite on that album. When they played it live I swooned, unfortunately I can't claim I was swooning at a race track. heh.

Everything

Well, there are a few..... My husband just bought me a bunch of CDs on my wishlist.

Katastrophy Wife "Amusia" (you can never have enough Kat Bjelland in your life)

Death to the Pixies

Prick "Prick"

Joy Division "Closer"

The Nirvana Boxed set!!

And the new Hanzel und Gretyl that my best gal sent me from Hawaii (I have a guilty pleasure for grinding industrial music).

Throw in a little That Dog and my playlist for the past few weeks is complete!

Stinkerbelle, I've been meaning to check out Katastrophy Wife? Does it compare to Babes in Toyland? I'd hope not because anytime someone starts a new band, I expect the new band to sound different than the other one.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads