book swap anyone?

hello all!

this is my first real post here (i think i posted at the beginning, but then i had to reregister...i've been on glitter 2 for a while, and it's not that i don't like the yellow or the hash-out discussions, but there's something about it that's not the same...) okay, on to the real topic of this thread!

i received a chain letter in the mail that was a kind of book swap. what you do is send one book (previously read ok) and then distribute the letter to 6 people. in return, hopefully, you get 36 books! the key to it is giving the letters to people you're sure will want to participate (asking them is good!)

so, i've sent my book, and now i have to distribute the letters. does anyone want to participate? i thought i'd give the crafty girls a chance!
    send me a message if you want me to send you the letter.

happy reading!

2. # ADS

I love swaps!

Oh! That's pretty fun! Way better than the underwear chain letter. I want to participate. I'll PM you with my address.

That sounds like fun! I'm trying to work out how it results in 36 books, though, if each person only sends one book (presumably to the person who sent them the letter). Let's see, if I'm calculating right...

You send one book to the person who sent you the letter.
    You send the letter to 6 people, who each send you a book.
    Each of those 6 people sends the letter to 6 others, who each send them a book—that "generation" totals 36 books being sent, but you receive no further books after the original six in the previous generation.

In order for you to get 36 books, there has to be one more level of book-sending that I'm not aware of here...Wait; I get it. If you're sending your book not to the person who sent you the letter, but to the person they got the letter from—okay, that works out. If everyone participates, that is.

But however it works...free books sound fun! I received a Bookcrossing book from someone in an online swap last year, didn't get into reading it, and have neglected to book-cross it for all this time. I should dig it up and put it to some use to assuage my guilt.

you've got it! that's right, you don't send the book to me, but to the person who gave me my letter. that's 6(first generation)x6(second generation)=36 books.

ps. i've still got 3 letter left, if anyone else is still interested.

pps. the way (hopefully) you get all 36 books is that you ask the people you plan to give letters to if they really want to and plan on participating. that way, you only distribute to people you can be relatively sure will do it.

do you have any letters left? cos if so, i'd be interested! :)

Remove Ads

Ads