killing 90 minutes

What would you do with 90 minutes to kill?

That's my breaktime between tutoring sessions twice a week, and as much as I've got my own little idea page started I'd love to see what else you can come up with! So of course something portable would be helpful, I'll be hanging out in the teacher's lounge - and don't worry, taking a nap was first on my list!

2. # ADS

I have two hours between classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I usually bring my laptop and surf the internet for most of that time, but I also bring homework for the second class and some knitting.

- write real letters to friends in far-off places
    - knit/crochet/embroider/hand quilt
    - hooray for naps!
    - Read. Read. Read.
    - make grocery lists and dinner menus for the week
    - write sappy art notes to my sweetie
    - cut pictures out of magazines and paste them in my inspiration book

Oh, what I wouldn't give for a free 90 minutes!!!!!!!!!!1

a cat nap!

i'd second the napping idea but since i can never sleep well in chairs...i usually read, sketch in my art journal, or people-watch.

I just started a second part-time job. The first couple of days I worked at that office in the morning, and then had a couple of hours to kill until my late shift at Starbucks.

I went to a different Starbucks (closer to the office; the manager there knows me), got myself a drink and took a little nap in one of their comfy chairs. I think I'd feel a little self-conscious doing that every single day, though.

I also spent part of that time making notes for a thing I'm writing just for fun.

i'm with the napping. most semesters i have a 2 or 3 hour break between classes, and you'll find me passed out in my car. put that seat back, ball up a sweater under your head, and you've got it made. the only problem is when it's 90+ degrees out in the summer. but then there's always lawns to sleep on at school.

i have the amazing ability to sleep *anywhere*, though. i lock the doors when i sleep in my car, because i'm a heavy sleeper, but i can doze off propped up in a desk chair. once i passed out in the stairwell of a big ferry between Helsinki and Talinn, and when i woke up you could tell what kind of purse i had because the pattern was mashed into my face.

back to the topic. with 90 minutes, you could read, knit, stare into space and think, do a crossword AND the Jumble...

I am in the airport a lot, and I have been enjoying crochet. It's easy to start or stop, and easy to take with you.

if possible, take walks and explore the neighborhood on foot

If you can find a comfortable place to sit and people-watch for 90 minutes, that's fun. Not good in cold weather, but still.

Yes, I've been known to sit outside for an hour, writing and people-watching until my next class. Even with chilyl fingers.

I like the idea of taking walks! That's always nice.

When I have time to kill, I work on knitting projects (like doing charts, figuring out sizes, knitting swatches) and write lists, mainly things to do or see or get my hands on.

Remove Ads

Ads