Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

a better getcrafty in 2005

any ideas on how to make getcrafty.com better in the following year?

2. # ADS

First off, well done. This is a great site and the forums are a really nice place to hang out.

One thing I was thinking - although it's debatable - is streamlining the subtopics a bit.....making them a bit more specific. They're kinda general - so that sometimes postings are done in the "wrong" place. And I might miss something.

But I'm not suggesting more subtopics or anything like that.

Incidentally, I start from the top (freestyle) and work my way down. If I'm in a hurry (often), freestyle and consuming are the first stops.

My main quibble is about not getting notification of replies to blog posts...other than that i'm a happy shopper here!

Oh and let's hope 2005 is a great year for all of us here on Get Crafty!

I have to say Get Crafty is on my Top 5 list of best things of 2004. Jean I wish I could come chink champagne (apple cider?) glasses with you. You did such a great job on all of this!!!

I don't have any specific things! I'd like to see more articles, but that's something that'll have to be contributed by craftistas, I'm guessing.

I love Get Crafty! You can tell because, apparently, I have an absurd number of posts to my name.

it might be fun to add a section on home improvements, where we can post pictures of things we did to our houses/apartments/condos, etc?

I would agree about more articles (I love the articles), and also perhaps making the book section larger. After reading the book threads it seems like there are a lot of passionate readers on this site so perhaps some kind of expansion on that.

Also, I don't know if this would fall under what the forums are doing already but perhaps you could have a "suggested by" section about books, bands, movies, food, etc. People who are passionate about something could post info about let's say a band they love that no one else has heard of. I personally love recommendations for movies, books, etc. But then again, maybe that's not a good use of the site ... I dunno.

Otherwise this site is awesome and so is the Get Crafty book which I bought recently and read in one sitting. I really appreciate Get Crafty, especially the forums, it is so great to know that one can draw on the power of so many creative types.

Maybe we should all try to brainstorm for topics to write about! Get Crafty articles always brighten my day.

OOh yes- I would love a section on us and our homes- and maybe something from people outside of North America too...an English girls view on the world of Get Crafty...not that i'm nominating myself or anything- but it is super frustrating sometimes for people that aren't in America to read about all the supplies you can get so much cheaper...I think i'm just turning into an arch self- publicist so perhaps avoid the '101 things Camilla thinks' section for now and let someone else have a say!

Get Crafty rocks! I love the design of the site. It's so comforting.

What about a book forum called Bookworm where people can post different books they're reading. That way we could have different threads for different books.

Maybe a Recommended forum would be good for a bunch of reviews from movies to CDs to restaurants, etc.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads