Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What are you looking forward to?

I need a list of things I'm excited about in order to get me through the usual midweek blues. So here's my list and feel free to share yours:

1) Starting yoga class tommorow night with cool instructor!

2) Just e-mailed best friend from college and it turns out she and her sweetie (who cracks me up) will be visiting the area this summer!

3) Frontier House (thanks for the reminder jt)! Forget Survivor, I wanna see suburbanites in period clothing catfighting with one another!

4) Upcoming shows by Sleater-Kinney, Camper Van Beethovan, Robert Earl Keen, the Mavericks, David Byrne, and the Pixies!

5) Reading 'Under the Banner of Heaven' when I get home from work tonight! Especially since my friend is working for the lead prosecutor on that case!

6) Haircuts, hanging up my art collection, and trying out new recipes!

7) New albums coming out from the Old 97s, Sleater-Kinney, & Neko Case!!!

2. # ADS

Ooooh nice. I didn't know S-K's new CD was coming out anytime soon.

1.) Graduating.
    2.) Taking Wing Chun classes possibly.
    3.) College? Freedom? Life?
    4.) Graduation gifts.

I'm sorry. Number 1 pretty much covers it for me.

1. my trip to New York & Baltimore next week

2. seeing my brother & family, and friends out there

3. finding some pretty sandals to wear to the wedding we're going to in Baltimore

4. sleeping a lot tonight!

5. Church of Craft on Sunday

6. well, I'll just go ahead and admit it--the new Harry Potter movie!

i am looking forward to the Blue Jean Ball (it's a major fundraiser for the Community FoodBank of NJ) http://www.njfoodbank.org this weekend.

i am responsible for the entertainment and decorating of the event. and working on a minimum budget makes one reallllly creative.

and i'm also looking forward to sleeping on sunday until i have to go to a pool party (yes pity me :lol:)
    ps: check the website above if you want to win a guitar signed by The Boss. He's one of our biggest supporters. In fact, he let us collect donations at all of his concerts in NJ this year!

-finishing the unpacking and having everything organized
    -going to see the new Austrulian exhibit at the zoo
    -finding out if my husband gets his transfer
    -not having a UTI
    -repeat of the first season of ANTM that I didn't see
    -Winter, I hate hot weather

right now all i can think about is:

getting my new computer so i can be glued to it again.

embroidering a woven bag

finding out from my boss if i get to go to the nyc harry potter junket next weekend

warm bread pudding drizzled with warm whisky sauce

New mattress (I'm going to go order it tonight!). My back is killing me.
    New jeans, whenever I can find the perfect pair.
    Using the gift cert for a massage that I got for my birthday.
    Starting my new knitting project.
    THE WEEKEND!!! And my first barbecue of the season--summer is offically here!

Getting time to scrap my kids latest photos

Planning our trip in June so the kids get to be in the fairy parade and all the great photo ops

Knowing that I just lost another 5 pounds!

Dh is cooking dinner all weekend long...woohoo!

Imagining my Gina Alexander bag...only 31 pounds more to go.

* Being done with school for the year. 3 1/2 more weeks. It's about friggin' time!

* Studying abroad in the fall. Orientations (like I had today) make me very excited. I want to go now!

* Getting a paycheck. I'm helping a friend unload for the opening of a new Gap store, and I get paid for that. It'll be hard work, but I am le broke.

Hooray! New Neko Case--something else to look forward to!

OK . . .
    1. Shows--Patterson Hood, Ron Sexsmith, The Decemberists/The Long Winters, and, even though it's not till August, at the top of the list are . . . The Wrens! (Damn Neko Case for canceling; I was really looking forward to that.) I literally haven't been to a show since February--what is wrong with me?

2. Going to Alaska to run a marathon on June 19th. Actually, I'm just looking forward to getting it OVER WITH so I can start enjoying life again. I've had to get up early for training every Saturday morning since the last weekend in January.

3. Summer fun! Swimming, beer, watermelon, dresses, parties!

4. Going home for a visit, hopefully at the beginning of July: seeing my family in Georgia, eating at all my beloved restaurants in Athens and going to the Manhattan (I crave this bar like no respectable citizen should ever crave any establishment, let alone a dark, dank bar), going to the beach with my best friends. Sigh. I'm so homesick!!

5. Driving down to Mexico w/ my bilingual person that I'm dating (who I still adamantly refuse to call my boyfriend).

6. And, let's see, something more immediate, since it IS Friday afternoon: getting liquored up tomorrow night to celebrate my running 18 miles tomorrow morning, going to the craft group that gathers every other Sunday in my friend's living room--I've only been once since Christmas!, and getting together with a friend to see either Supersize Me or Fog of War!

Considering the fact that I had a total emotional breakdown earlier this week and declared to my coworkers that I was "completely miserable in all aspects of my life," that's a lot to look forward to!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads