iTunes suggestions

Hi, all -

My sweet, wonderful boyfriend got me an iPod for Xmas, and as I've been transferring my music to it, I have discovered I am kind of bored with a lot of it. Anyone have some good suggestions for stuff to download off of iTunes? Just to give you something to work with, I've had Radiohead, The Raveonettes, Aimee Mann, The Shins, and Jackson Browne in heavy rotation lately (i.e. that's the music I'm not bored with).

Thanks. :)

Alison

2. # ADS

I heart iTunes...

Do you have any Sloan? Some songs from their latest ("Action Pact") would be fun, or "G Turns to D" from their "One Chord to Another" album. Mary Lou Lord's "Some Jingle Jangle Morning" (waiting in my iTunes shopping cart right now b/c I was expecting an iTunes gift card for Xmas and didn't get one...), almost anything by Heavenly ("PUNK Girl," "C Is the Heavenly Option")... (Btw, just noticed there are two bands named Heavenly in iTunes. I don't know what the other is all about.) You can't go wrong with some Guided by Voices ("I Am a Scientist") or Sonic Youth ("Catholic Block").

I don't know how much of this is available on iTunes, as it's not available where I live yet. :-( But I'm currently listening a lot to Snow Patrol (you can hear some song clips on their website - snowpatrol.net), The Verve, Emmylou Harris, Tim Buckley,... Umm, here's my record collection if you need more names: http://www.recordnerd.com/lists/tmart

I've been listening to Ted Leo more or less non-stop recently. I would start by downloading "Me and Mia" and see if you like that.

Quote Originally Posted by sallysunshine
    I've been listening to Ted Leo more or less non-stop recently. I would start by downloading "Me and Mia" and see if you like that.
    Thanks for the "Me and Mia" tip! I've been wanting to hear some Ted Leo but didn't know where to start. I downloaded it just now and really like it!

Also, just thought of another, redheaddali... try The Spinanes, especially "Spitfire" and "Noel, Jonah, and Me."

Try this:

www.musicplasma.com

Type in any artist you like and it will bring up others that are similar. I've found a few additional artist from this -- mainly because I already knew the others listed. They unfortunately don't go into the indie musician arena, which would make it MUCH more useful, but check it out and see what it brings up.

Cheers,
    Allison

Remove Ads

Ads