Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I too want to go to New Zealand, Scotland, and one I haven't seen yet-Amsterdamn (I think I spelt that right, if not, felt will let me know probably)

2. # ADS

northeast iowa/portland, or/BROOKLYN, Baby!
    the u.k.
    iowa to see my mum
    prague to reclaim my castle
    tokyo
    los angeles again
    new york
    africa

I've never been anywhere. I'm so envious of my boyfriend...he's on his second national tour and has been to most of the big US cities.

Inside the states: Portland, Seattle, San Fran, Chicago, Vegas, Hawaii
    International: Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, anywhere in the Caribbean, Iceland, Sweden, France, South Africa, and my number 1 place I want to visit is New Zealand.

taf
    I travelled a fair bit when I was younger, though in most of those trips I was too young to remember a lot. It'd be awesome to go to Canada again (Vancouver and the east coast particularly), as well as places in Europe like France, Spain, Switzerland, Britain and Italy etc... and maybe a nice hot sunny island somewhere for good measure.

I've traveled a lot in the US & Europe, so I want the more exotic places: Japan, China, Malaysia, Tibet, Nepal, Myanmar, Haiti, Sri Lanka (although maybe not at the moment...), India, South America... I could go on forever. I also really want to go to Iceland & Turkey.
    little my: are you taking time off & traveling by yourself, or what? It sounds awesome!
    dlqc: I think there's compulsory voting in Australia, too, isn't there?? I think that's a really interesting idea. I didn't know they had it in Turkey, too. Does anyone know of any other countries that have that??
    I really like to spend longer periods of time in a country, rather than just jetting through (although I like doing that, too!). So it would be great to be able to work, study, or do a volunteer project in another country for 6 months or a year. When I win the lottery, I guess... Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan
    I think there's compulsory voting in Australia, too, isn't there?? I think that's a really interesting idea. I didn't know they had it in Turkey, too. Does anyone know of any other countries that have that??
    Here's a list: http://www.idea.int/vt/analysis/Compulsory_Voting.cfm

little my: are you taking time off & traveling by yourself, or what? It sounds awesome!
    that's the idea - i need to do about a year here working to earn enough, and then 8 months to a year travelling. living and working first in europe (mostly spain), and then travelling further afield (mostly south america). i have far too many places on my list - and reading this thread has reminded me of heaps others that i want to see - so it's totally impractical at the moment. but at least i have 12 months to research and refine the plans...

p.s. definitely definitely go to Iceland. I went twice in the mid '90s and fell in love with it. we went in the winter both times so it was all dark and snow-covered. awesome. would love to go back some time.

i am definitely going to explore europe more. i have to see all of the northern countries, and go back to italy, france, and the uk. i need too see russia, prague, and more of the eastern places as well. rick steves, if you are reading this, give me a job.

but more than that i want to see argentina and brazil, as well as japan and vietnam.

finally, alaska. my boyfriend's mom lives there and i've never met her. we may go to the iditerod this year!

Quote Originally Posted by boheme-anne
    I too want to go to New Zealand, Scotland, and one I haven't seen yet-Amsterdamn (I think I spelt that right, if not, felt will let me know probably)
    I like 'Amsterdamn' better, hahah! ;P If you ever come round, look me up!

Next on my list are: Reykjavik, Berlin and the Scotland countryside.

Places I want to go:
    Arizona.. to check out whether or not I should move there.
    oaxaco Mexico...wanna livelike Rick Bayless for a weekend
    London, France, Greece.
    Hong Kong
    Thailand... eventually to study more massage modalities
    Morrocco

Brooklyn to check out renegade craft fair
    NYC to attend a taping of the Graham Norton experience

Redmond WA, to visit some friends
    L.A to visit some more friends.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads