Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

where in the world do you wanna go?

i want to go to louisiana (am obsessed with bayou country), the southwest, yellowstone, and INDIA. i would love to make an cross country road trip. i vow to do it within the next couple of years.

2. # ADS

Oh! I agree with the India. I also would like to go to England, the northwest USA, and return to Los Angeles for a couple of weeks. Or years.

hello crafty people... been lurking for some time on your boards, absorbing all the interesting chat and useful advice and thought it was time to make myself known...

so, quick intro first - am in London, UK. cook/bake lots, knit enthusiastically but very badly, try to make clothes, garden and generally like to *make* and *create* a lot...

as for travel... this is what keeps me going through my slightly tedious 9-5... next year for sure i will be off around the world...

patagonia (chile) is up there at the top of the wish list. for no better reason that it has a cool name. but definitely lots of south and central america... also, must see some of the USA - have friends in Boston and California which I think will be a good start

i always wanted to go to laos, but am a bit scared of malaria and not knowing the language at all.

and am definitely going to try and live in spain for a bit to get my spanish better...

one day...

x

My dream destination for years (even before the Lord of the Rings films) has been New Zealand.

i want to go to Peru, Japan, and Russia. i've been to Russia once, but i was only there for 2 nights and i only saw a little bit of St. Petersburg.

unlike most people, i have no desire to go to India. i'm too wimpy about all the poverty and suffering... i have several friends who have been there (one just got back from a medical internship) and i like to hear their stories, but i don't want to live them. it doesn't help that i have a family friend who suffers greatly from malaria he picked up in India, i suppose...

The UK, Japan, Hawaii, Alaska, Germany, Italy, France [basically all of "europe".]
    For states: New Orleans, and Washington.

In order of how realistic it is that I reach these destinations anytime soon:

home from work
    Madison, WI
    Austin, TX
    Russia (by train)

St. Petersburg
    Japan
    Nepal
    China
    Thailand
    Kenya
    Greece
    Peru
    Gautemala

To name a few

EVERYWHERE!

LOL

But in no particular order:

To visit my family

To visit my partner's family

To Turkey - do you know everyone HAS to vote in Turkey? There's no opt-out - talk about the way to ensure non-apathetic politics! I'm fascinated with the east-meets-west nature - I want to go. NOW.

To Austraila (Koala bears!)

To Tibet

To Africa - not sure which country yet

To Beligium (partner wants family to move there)

To Nunavut

Everyone has to vote in Australia, too. I mean, it's not like they'll hunt you down and kill you if you don't, but non-voters get fined.

I've been to India, but it's a huge country, and I'd like to go back and go to the South. I'd like to go to Scandinavia, although I don't really know exactly where. I'd love to see New Zealand.

But honestly, right now I'd just like to go somewhere warm and sunny and lounge on a beach. I'm all for edifying tourism, but right now I just want to be a snowbird. Because I am currently remembering that snow is more fun in the abstract.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads