Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: favorite games?

I like playing card games (As*hole, BS, etc) and then Jenga. Except my version of Jenga I wrote on each piece so you have to do whatever is on the piece you pull out -- it's more of a drinking game though.

2. # ADS

Moon - you got it. The pigs are sort of like dice - they land in different ways and it's crazy how excited you get - "ohmygod, a double razorback!!!!" I got my whole family hooked.

moon_lemming, the cheapass games are quite cool. i especially like the great brain robbery, captain park's imaginary polar expedition, and of course, kill doctor lucky.

i LOVE games. the closet in our computer room has a chest of drawers full of my craft stuff, and on either side is a stack of games -- each one goes at least the height of the dresser. the problem is finding games that are good for two players.

some of my favorites:

"traditional" games: trivial pursuit, taboo, clue, scattergories, cranium

"gamer" games: pirate's cove, betrayal at house on the hill, amun-re, res publica, ticket to ride, settlers of catan

card games: canasta, contract rummy, euchre

My sister gave me Settlers of Catan (and the expansion pack) for Christmas. It's a pretty involved strategy game, but once you learn the rules it's great!

I also really like word games -- my favorites are Snatch and Quiddler. (Snatch is a supped up Scrabble style game. Very fun.)

Allison

I love scrabble, trivial pursuit (known as "TP" in Sweden, always makes me think they want to toilet paper somebody's house when they suggest we play), outburst, Taboo, yatzee, risk, clue.... I'm sure there are lots more. My fam's big on games.
    The boyfriend & I just took a long car trip, so we played something sort of like the Alphabet game mentioned above. We had a category, like animals, bands, or fruit, & I say one, & the next person has to say one starting with the last letter of the one I said. Get it? Hours of fun.
    We always called the Marry, date, dump game "Marry, Sleep with, Push off a cliff." Ha ha! I guess you're nicer than we were!
    Right now I'm addicted to this game online:
    http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/

I love Apples to Apples, but we don't have enough friends to play it :(

Catan is also great too, also trick-taking card games like Hearts and Spades and Bridge.

http://boardgamegeek.com is a good place to look for inspiration too.

Some of my faves:
    Scattergories -- you can also make your own scattergories with topics you're interested in
    Dominoes -- I play "chickenfoot" -- it's the only domino game I know, but fun!

I sometimes play these by myself:
    Yahtzee
    Word Yahtzee

Quote Originally Posted by moon_lemming
    I used to play this card game that involved, like, four piles of cards and hand-slapping, but I can't remember what it was called (junior high amnesia kicking in there). it was really fun though!
    Are you thinking of Speed? I remember kids playing it on the ground outside classrooms in 6th grade (myself included).

We play a game called Spastic Uno. It's best with 3 or more people. You use an UNO deck of cards and deal them all out evenly. You take turns putting down a card. If it is green you slap the table. Red= hand over heart. Blue= point at your eye. Yellow= point to the sky (sun). Wild=do all four. Draw 4= do all 4 four times. Draw 2= do all 4 two times. The last person to do the required action has to take the card. If it's a tie, the card goes into the middle until someone is the last person to do an action. Then, they must take all the cards in the pot.

The first person to get rid of all of their cards wins.

It's a really fun game to play. Especially late at night. My mom ALWAYS pokes herself in the eye and I usually get a red mark on my chest from smacking myself. So, beware!

Wow, that sounds like it was once a drinking game...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads