Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: favorite games?

Here is a word game that I love. You can play with any number of people as long as you have at least two. Everyone needs their own piece of paper and a pencil. You need a book as well- any kind with plenty of writing.

The first person (whoever wants to) chooses a number. You go to that page number in the book. The second person chooses a number, and you go that line in the book. The third person chooses a number, and you count that many letters in from the start of the line, and in this way choose a random letter. Lets say for example you come up with 'c'

Each person has to write down a girls name, boys name, country, vegetable, fruit, animal etc. Decide on the categories beforehand, and have whatever you fancy. You then have a time limit, for example three minutes to find something for each category that begins with your chosen letter. At the end, you go round and say what you got for each one. You get two points if you come up with a word that no one else did, one point if you come up with a word that someone else got, and no points if you are completely stuck. Highest score wins!

It sounds simple, but is really fun and quite addictive! Enjoy!

2. # ADS

My boyfriend's parents got us Parcheesi for Christmas. I had never played it before, but we played it last night and it was really fun (I won, which I'm sure had something to do with my overall favorable impression ;)).

I also LOVE Trivial Pursuit. My great-aunt taught me a really fun card game called Spite and Malice; she's nun and they play it a lot at the convent. I'm also completely addicted to Spider Solitaire on the computer. I can literally play it for hours.

Alison

Quote Originally Posted by craftytricks
    Are you thinking of Speed? I remember kids playing it on the ground outside classrooms in 6th grade (myself included).
    yes! that's it! (haha, how lame am I to forget a name like Speed?)

this thread makes me wish our game box was unpacked. stupid moving.

I love word games, scattegories, scrabble and the one where you make up definitions for unfamiliar words and then people have to vote to which one is real

My favorite favorite car game is the "Cow Game" that I learned on a staff backpacking trip in college...here's how it goes (because I believe everyone should know the wonders of the cow game)
    So whenever you see a cow/group of cows you get 7 (or it's worth 7 cows)
    If you see a church, the number of cows you have doubles
    If you see a cemetary, everyone else's cows die (they have to start from zero)

Its fun because the game can change so quick and also because you're yelling stuff like "Cows!" "Church!" and "Cemetary" at the top of your lungs

I also think they "Hey Cow" game is hilarious...I had some friends that I worked with in New Mexico and they told me that they played "Hey Cow" all the way across Kansas, which involves yelling "Hey Cow" out the window of the car and seeing how many turn around =)

I like to go on this site and play the games, especially the old school ones!

www.addictinggames.com

I like to go on this site and play the games, especially the old school ones!

www.addictinggames.com

I love Scrabble!

My family always plays Cranium at get-togethers. It's this board game where you get to draw (sometimes with your eyes closed), sculpt things out of clay (really HARD things, like "tree hugger" or "fig leaf"), hum, and act, and there's some trivia questions too. It always gets super competitive.

My sister works for Cranium so we always play that. I must admit I didn't like it the first time I played it, but the new version of Cranium (Cranium Turbo) is pretty fun.

I also love Pit, which is this old-timey commodities trading game. Yes, I know it sounds totally boring, but it's actually very simple and really fun. Good when you are drinking, too!

dominoes
    poker
    monopoly
    trivial pursuit

Quote Originally Posted by aubrigail
    My favorite favorite car game is the "Cow Game" that I learned on a staff backpacking trip in college...here's how it goes (because I believe everyone should know the wonders of the cow game)
    So whenever you see a cow/group of cows you get 7 (or it's worth 7 cows)
    If you see a church, the number of cows you have doubles
    If you see a cemetary, everyone else's cows die (they have to start from zero)

Its fun because the game can change so quick and also because you're yelling stuff like "Cows!" "Church!" and "Cemetary" at the top of your lungs
    I've read another version of that game (here on GetCrafty, actually). The rules were that if you saw the cows first (and thus yelled "cows!") you'd get one cow. If you saw a cemetary, the other person's cows are killed. However, if you see a cemetary, but yell graveyard instead, the other person can say cemetary, and kill your cows.

My favourite board games are Scrabble (especially when we're allowed to make up new words, as long as we can explain what they mean...) and Trivial Pursuit.

Online, I like http://joggle.pixelsharp.com - it's like Boggle. Totally addictive.

*edited because I'm confused. :-)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads