Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: favorite games?

favorite games?

Now that it's officially cold weather season, I'm wondering if any of you have suggestions for good games to play to keep busy indoors. Board games, card games, word games, made-up games... anything you can think of!

One of my favorite games is Boggle. Also, I really like doing crossword puzzles, but that's less of a game and more of a one-person activity.

2. # ADS

I love Yahtzee, Apples to Apples, and any Trivial Pursuit. Games are such a great wawy to keep busy in the winter time!

balderdash, chess, Trivial Pursuit and Sorry! ( drinking game) and you can't forget UNO

we got to play these a lot during the hurricanes. :)

scrabble, chinese checkers, and poker are my favorites.

some of the games at cheapass games ( http://www.cheapass.com ) look really fun. I've bought a few, but they're packed away, so we haven't gotten to play them yet. but they look fun!

I used to play this card game that involved, like, four piles of cards and hand-slapping, but I can't remember what it was called (junior high amnesia kicking in there). it was really fun though! oh, and spoons (the card game) and bullshit (another card game) were also awesome.

Trivial Pursuit, of all varietys, provides endless entertainment for myself and a few close geeky friends. We also enjoy Chez Geek, good to have at least 3 people playing that one. Dominoes can be fun for a while, and fairly cheap as well. If you're going for cheap, or no $ involved, you can play Marry Date or Dump, name 3 people that have something in common and choose which to, well, marry, date or dump obviously. that might be a fun thread to start up... The -ation game is another fun one, take turns naming words that end in -ation, ex. celebration, altercation, discrimination, rhythym nation (ha!)...the list goes on, you can play that for quite a while usually.

A friend at work and I have started playing Sequence and Rummytile at lunch. They are fun combos of cards and tile games.

Another Apples to Apples fan here. That is a great game.

Another favorite of ours is Pass the Pigs.

and we love Scrabble and gin rummy too.

Ooh, Pass the Pigs is the one with the little rubber/plastic piggies, right? My best friend had that game in high school, and we'd play it at her house. Fun!

You can always play MASH.

Sorry, I'm remembering all the games we played while sitting on the sidelines because we didn't want to dress for gym class.

Sorry! is a family fav, hubby likes Battle of the Sexes and Trivial Pursuit(but I prefer only to play when drinking), Taboo(because it's fun to be obnoxious with the buzzer), Pictionary, gin rummy, Jenga.......I'm sure there are more, but that's all I can think of for now....

My boyfriend and I play a lot of word games like 20 Questions, the Alphabet Game (naming things like bands, foods, etc in alphabetical order), and Ghost. Yesterday we played a new verson of the Alphabet Game where we had to do four-letter words from A-Z, then five-letter words from A-Z. Also, we do a lot of "name your top 3 ____".

These are good games for the spur of the moment since they cost nothing and require no materials. Also good for road trips.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads