Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: project runway

project runway

any project runway fans? it's getting really good now. all the rifraff have been weeded out (including non-rifraff nora, i was sad to see her go).

my favorites designer-wise are kara saun and jay. but i hope kara saun wins. my favorite just because i want to give him a big hug is auston.

2. # ADS

Yup I've been totally sucked into the show as well. So far I think my favorite is Jay because his stuff is cool and he seems to be keeping a pretty good attitude in such a high pressure environment.

i'm so hooked too!

I actually hope that Wendy is the next to go. She seems completely two faced and I don't really like her much at all.

i agree about wendy. i didn't dislike her until this past wednesday when she was so fake about her compliments to the model on auston's dress. why be that way?

that's what i like about kara saun and jay -- they have good attitudes about the competition and about the other competitors.

This show is so damn wonderful! Go JAY!!!

I'm starting to think it's down to Kara and Jay. I started out thinking Austin would be the winner. His stuff is gorgeous (wedding dress excepted), but he's not fulfilling the challenge requirements - like the rockstar challenge, when she said that the dress that came down the runway was not the one they had talked about. Kara and Jay are nailing the challenge requirements, have amazing technical skills, and wonderful creative ranges. Jay is quite dramatic personally but hasn't gotten really out of control unprofessional (unlike some of the others), and Kara has been consistently professional and demonstrating excellent work ethics. She's even helps out the other designers!

What is up with some of those models? Olga looked like she was going to break down and cry on the runway, and Morgan is so unprofessional. I'm wondering what their agencies are thinking.

meexie! you put all my thoughts down so eloquently. i agree with you wholeheartedly.

and i have make a retraction. in the first post, i stated that i was sad to see nora go. i was wrong! i'm very happy to see nora go (out in the bridal challenge). she behaved like an absolute childish nutjob during the rockstar challenge. who i meant was vanessa. *sniffle* i liked her. oh, well.

i hope morgan gets the boot this week.

what does everyone think of kevin?

At first I thought he was a turd for being so blunt with Starr, but she was not as good as the others.. i mean her portfolio was totally cute, but it might be that she is really good at following a pattern, or someone elses imagination... which is still leagues more impressive than I, but she was not as innovative as the rest.

I have not really been blown away by Kevin yet, he is kind of avant guarde in a way that is boring to me.

Kevin *could* be a contender. His technical skills and designs are good and he has a lot of experience, but when you put him next to Kara and Jay, he's a bit out of his league. On the collaborative rock star challenge, Kara and Jay were on the team that had zero drama and got their shit done - not a coincidence. Kevin, on the other hand, doesn't seem to work as well with others, and has a serious lack of management skills. Nora was way the fuck out of bounds, and as the team leader, Kevin gets some of the blame for letting her go nutjob on them instead of making a new pattern piece. He elected to eliminate her as a result - nice of him to wait until it was all over to tell Nora that she slowed the project down. She's a kid fresh out of school, he's a seasoned designer.

Starr really does have a good-looking portfolio! And check out website! Cute stuff! What happened? And what kind of a lawyer is she? One of the reasons she bombed so hard on the BR challenge was, quite simply, by not paying attention. The look they were going for and the color stories were clearly shown, but she created a dress that did not fit in with their collection (she wasn't alone; Austin and Robert missed the mark too). Hopefully she doesn't get kidnapped by her muse when she's working as a lawyer. The tragedy of Starr's designs is that she began them filled with doubt and then finished them filled with joy, only to get crushed when the judges pointed out the obvious flaws that she just. didn't. see. while she was working. The harlequin BR dress was so badly cut and sewn it was painful - but her face was all lit up when she saw it come down the runway. She needs better technical skills - charmeuse is notoriously difficult to deal with (I call the BR challenge the Bad Seams Episode), true, but she was also doing things with it way out of her skill range (the insets in the skirt). I noticed all the designers used charmeuse, but it looks like other fabrics were available. Not that the chiffon would have been all that much easier for Starr to deal with. It's like she didn't know her limitations or how to maximize her strengths, and it was heartbreaking for me to watch. Her website says she's working on a collection for 2005 - looks like she's moving forward with positive energy.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads