Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    i like the name apple.

*shrugs*

i was one of five jessicas in my grade growing up.

--jessie

***edited to remove an apostrophe

2. # ADS

Re: crazy baby names

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolgeek
    Bob Geldof's daughters are Fifi-Trixibelle, Peaches, Honeyblossom, and Little Pixie..
    Wow. Fifi-Trixibelle might well be the best name ever. It's like a poodle exploded in heaven.
    Hey, what ever happened to those lovely names like Opal and Agnes and Ruby....When I start makin' babes I hearby vow to draw all inspiration from the old folks home.

I like interesting names, but I also like classic pretty names. Like, if I had a daughter, I'd probably name her Audrey. And if I had a second daughter, I'd probabl do something weird and name her Zelda.

Tallulah Belle sounds like they were trying to sound as southern as possible. "Well, Tallulah Bankhead, she was southern, right? And Belle? Well, a SOUTHERN BELLE." They probably teach that child how to throw tea parties in the late summer evening.

Uma Thurman's (and Ethan Hawke's) kids have some weird names, too. I think one is Maya (not that weird) and the other is Roan, which I'd never heard of before.

Mustn't forget the infamous Frances Bean Cobain.

I like creativity, definitely, but naming your child Apple just sounds like a macrobiotic diet talking.

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolgeek
    Ving Rhames named his daughter Reignbeau (Rainbow, oh how clever Ving!).
    I went to college with a girl named Rayne Beau [Lastname]. She hated it but we all thought it was cool.

Apple is not as bad as some celebrity names, imo, although it's certainly not at the top of my list. The problem is it doesn't really have a nickname, so she's definitely gonna have to be called Apple. But if I inherited Gwyneth's DNA, Hollywood connections, and money I could probably put up with it. I'm just sayin'.

her nickname could be mac :-P

jt

Quote Originally Posted by FayeTownhall
    Wow. Fifi-Trixibelle might well be the best name ever. It's like a poodle exploded in heaven.
    Oh my, that's hilarious! You're so right!

Edited to add that, for the record, I don't mind the name Apple so much. I guess she's using Chris's last name, right? So that makes her Apple Martin. I acually think that sounds cute, like something out of a Babysitter's Club book or something.

As much as I loved Northern Exposure, Rob Morrow always grated on my nerves. Now I can feel free to loathe him openly for doing that to his child. Grr.

I love the line about "miniature soap opera characters." That's exactly the way to describe this "kre8iv" naming junk.

Being from Northern California, I grew up around a lot of kids whose hippie parents gave them creative names. And most of the time, they were okay names to have like Paisley, Rainbow, or Cinnamon. Or my one friend whose family last name was a palidrome. Her dad decided to give her a first name which was a palidrome as well. But there was also another kid whose last name was West. So all of the kids were named after directions and he was North West. I don't ever remember him being a particularly happy person and I'm sure getting stuck with that name had something to do with it. Probably the best way to handle a 'creative' name would have to be making it the middle - an acquaintance of mine in college had the middle name of Tarzan. So while it set him apart as unique and quirky (in addition to his personality!), it also probably spared him a lifetime of stupid comments and jokes.

We live in a world populated by miniature soap opera stars, for the love of God.
    Oh that's exactly what I think whenever I hear some parent yelling Ashley/Dakota/Dylan after their toddler! It sounds more like assigning a brand name to a product in the hopes of evoking something specific.

On weird names, my cousin named her kid Allison Catherine SPECIFICALLY so she could have the nickname "Ally-Cat." Still, not as bad as just actually naming her Alleycat though.

I can't stop laughing, funniest thing ever!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads