Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hollywood baby names

Gwenyth named her new baby "Apple". No disrespect, but it reminded me of how Michael Jackson named his baby "Blanket". I guess in moviestar world, it perfectly fine to have a funky name. But anywhere else, those poor kids would be teased beyond tears!

2. # ADS

These people have never heard of the concept of the nick name? Like where you name your kid "Catherine" and then just call them apple?

Yes, what a totally ridiculous name! How can a person cope in the normal world with a name like that. Calling the kid "fruitcake" is just round the corner.
    Don't these people think what it's like to be a grow-up with a name like that?

Re: Hollywood baby names

Quote Originally Posted by CraftyChicaAZ
    No disrespect, but it reminded me of how Michael Jackson named his baby "Blanket".

Michael Jackson named his child BLANKET?! WTF?!

Since we're on the subject, what's with all the "unique" baby names these days? Why not just normal names like the previously cited "Catherine", and "Jason" and "Susan" and "Robert"? Why do today's kids have to be "Ripley" and "Cortland" and "Madison"? We live in a world populated by miniature soap opera stars, for the love of God.

The site "Not Without My Handbag" has a great section on baby names, for those of you who agree with me. ;)

someon suggested that gweneth pulled a joke by claiming the baby's name is apple. if it's true, how brilliant is that?

crazy baby names

When I first heard about Gwyneth I thought it was a joke or something. People are trying to be too unique with their baby names and forgetting that their child might one day get their face smashed in on the playground for having the name Crayola or Ritz.

"Blanket" is only the nickname of Michael Jackson's latest child who will surely become a mass murderer someday. His children are named Prince Michael, Paris Michael, and Prince Michael II.

With celebs it's all about vanity and trying to outdo each other. I once saved a list of other stars gone wild with baby names:

George Foreman named his offspring George Edward Jr., George Edward III, George Edward IV, George Edward V, George Edward VI, Freeda George and Georgetta.

Everyone knows Demi Moore and Bruce Willis have Rumer Glenn, Scout LaRue, and Tallulah Belle.

Bob Geldof's daughters are Fifi-Trixibelle, Peaches, Honeyblossom, and Little Pixie.

Ving Rhames named his daughter Reignbeau (Rainbow, oh how clever Ving!)

David Bowie's son from his first marriage is Zowie Duncan Heywood (he changed it to Joey as an adult, shocker!)

Erykah Badu must've really liked that Seinfeld episode and named her son Seven.

John Melloncamp's son is named Speck Wildhorse.

John Leguizamo's daughter is Allegra Sky.

Shannyn Sossamon's son is Audio Science.

Jason Lee named his son Pilot Inspektor.

David Carradine named his son Free.

And of course Frank Zappa's children are Moon Unit, Ahmet, Dweezil, and Diva.

i enjoy quirky names, but some of these are outrageous.

i heard that rob morrow (from "northern exposure" fame) named his daughter "tu". as it Tu Morrow. get it?

roxy, whose pseudonym isn't even quirky...

I really liked the middle name Sparkle for my future little girl, but everyone convinced me she'd end up a hooker so I dropped it. I'll probably end up using something normal like Grace or Elisabeth. I also like the name Patricia, but if she's the slightest little bit over weight she'll be called fatty patty. I guess celebs think that with all of their fame and money their kids won't be picked on. Of course in Hollywood with all of the "different" names the ones named Bob or Sue will the ones that get picked on for having ordinary names.

Re: crazy baby names

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolgeek
    With celebs it's all about vanity and trying to outdo each other. I once saved a list of other stars gone wild with baby names:

George Foreman named his offspring George Edward Jr., George Edward III, George Edward IV, George Edward V, George Edward VI, Freeda George and Georgetta.
    This is what George Foreman had to say in the Jan. 04 issue of Esquire magazine:

Sometimes my older brothers and sisters would tease me, call me Mo-head. I didn't know why. Sometimes they'd say, "You're not really our brother." That would drive me crazy. Even before I outgrew them, they learned that the teasing wasn't worth the consequences.

As an adult, I found out that my dad, J. D. Foreman, was not my biological dad. My mom and J. D. had broken up for a time, and that's when I was conceived. That's why my brothers and sisters called me Mo-head. What they were really saying was Moorehead. My biological dad was named Leroy Moorehead.

All my sons are named George Foreman. They all know where they came from.

Re: crazy baby names

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolgeek
    Ving Rhames named his daughter Reignbeau (Rainbow, oh how clever Ving!)
    Ving is short for Irving. No matter what dorky name people give their kids, they'll find a way to make it fit their personality.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads