Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    I'm a Taurus, haven't seen anybody else being one too...
    my chinese sign is rooster.

2. # ADS

i'm a leo virgo cusp, leaning a little more on the virgo side (depending on which book/mag you read), but definitely living up both worlds. i think my number is 4... 8/24/79

if anyone actually really knows a lot about astrology, it would be interesting to hear a little review for everyone who's submitted here.

ti
    a capricorn, very much one too!

how do you find out about your sun sign, moon sign and rising sign? and how does this impact your actual sign?

i'm a gemini too. talkative and outgoing are the only traits i don't have. i'm a classic example of "jill of all trades, master of none." i'm in the middle of learning at least 4 crafts!

in chinese zodiac i'm a metal dog.

I'm chiming in since I've only seen one other Aries (I'm the late march variety). I am also year of the horse (1978). I think I have a moon in Leo and something else in Sag, or something like that, I remember I am pretty fire-ish all around.
    I love all the feng shui, numerology, astrology stuff, but I don't really pay attention to it. I think that would really add another layer of complication to my life ... (What do you mean I need a candle over here, the bed over there, and the door on the other wall?)
    Anybody keeping a tally?

Quote Originally Posted by ti
    how do you find out about your sun sign, moon sign and rising sign? and how does this impact your actual sign?
    Your sun sign is your "actual" sign - ie the sign you can check your horoscope for in the paper. (It's the sign the sun was in the moment you were born). Your rising sign is supposed to show how other people see you, and your moon sign is supposedly how you feel inside/your "hidden" personality..? I don't remember the exact explanation, unfortunately.

I don't believe in the kind of horoscopes one can find in the paper and that just lumps every sign together. I have found though that if a "real" astrologist does the analysis based on your birthday, time and place, it's quite correct. I've registered on two free astro sites (http://www.astroadvice.com and http://www.astro.com) and they give accurate analyses of my personality etc (although I do take their forecasts with a large grain of salt). To find your moon and rising signs you can try either of those sites (there are several other too but I can't vouch for those), you need to know the time of your birth I think. The Astroadvice site also has Chinese astrology info.

Wow, look at all us Cancerian monkeys !, I'm a metal monkey too.

Maybe there is something in it ?

how do you find out about your sun sign, moon sign and rising sign
    You can look in an ephemeris (sp?), which is a book of dates and times and the corresponding positions of the planets. It's broken down by planet, and in each section you just find where your date/time fits and see what planet it corresponds to. The planets way out (pluto and neptune, I think) stay in the same sign for hundreds or thousands of years because of their huge orbits, which is interesting - everybody is the same.

I don't remember how to do the rising - I THINK you need to work out the actual chart and calculate it. I forget.

I have a copy of 'The Complete Astologer", and I love it. It includes an ephemeris and all of the text and instructions you'd need to do a chart. It's ancient, so I don't even know if it's in print anymore - that would be interesting to find out though...

another Aquarius here. and I thought I was a metal/monkey, but according to this site: http://www.astro-uk.dircon.co.uk/chinese_years.html that year began on Feb 18, 1980. since my bday's Feb 8, I guess I'm earth/goat instead. not quite as glamorous.

I kind of expected half of the craftistas to be Aquarians, I guess because of the freespirited anti-The-Man thing that supposedly goes along with being an Aquarian.

I'm a Cancer, and very much so.

I always forget my Chinese astrology sign, but I'm pretty sure it's something reptilian. (1977)

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads