Planning my roadtrip in AZ

Ok, so I usually stick to the crafty-focuses forum but since you are all such great resources I am hitting you up for travel info.

My partner and I are going to fly from our home in Toronto to Las Vegas, then rent a car to drive and camp in Arizona for 2 weeks.

We have both wanted to do this for a while, for different reasons including culture, landscape and adventure. I have heard that Sedona is beautiful but I don't really know how to plan or not plan our trip.

Anybody have any brilliant ideas? We are thinking of spring or autumn to avoid the hottest weather. I am a bit on edge about the creepy crawlies - is shaking out your boots in the morning enough to keep me safe? Do I really need to drive around with 3 gallons of water per passenger like the guidebook says? Are the free campgrounds abundant and vacant?

So, ya. I am looking for any hot tips for my AZ roadtrip.

Any help or idea is appreciated.

EmmaK

2. # ADS

We camped at both rims of the grand canyon a few years ago and loved it, especially the north rim. The views are better at the south rim, but the north rim is less crowded and has a beautiful lodge to have a romantic dinner at :)

Jerome is very cool! It's an art town, lots of interesting people!

Sedona is cool too, a little touristy though.

I'll send you some info

if you can detour to Death Valley, it is worth it. it's not too horribly hot yet this time of year, and it is a gorgeous and bizarre place.

isn't death valley in california?

like craftychica said, jermone is pretty:) grand canyon, definately. never really liked sedona though.

the only times i've gone camping were in payson & christopher creek during summer. the nights got chilly, but day was pretty tolerable. (i'm an az native btw.)

i was always taught to take water, food, and a blanket when traveling, so that might be a good idea.

hope you get to visit :)

I love the Grand Canyon. I also really like the northeast area of Arizona. It's so empty and stark and beautiful, especially at sunset.

One warning--make sure you always have a good amount of gas in your tank. A few stretches of road have nothing, not even one rickety gas pump, for quite a ways.

Remove Ads

Ads