Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

what should i do for my birthday?

ladies, please please help me with some fabulous ideas.

my 32nd b-day is coming up in a couple of weeks and i don't know what to do. i would like to do something "special" but i honestly don't know what. i guess i don't mean have-a-party-special as i have very few friends here and zero family anywhere. my b-day falls over a four day weekend. i am blessed with a lovely partner who will do whatever i ask him to...and he keeps asking what i want to do, but i don't know. he also asks me what i want as a gift and i don't know. and i'm mad at myself because here i have this wonderful person and i feel like i'm not appreciating him. i think i've just been down in general -- maybe because i am kind of lonely up here or because i'm getting older or...i don't know. i don't feel like i want to do something that is dependent on another person/people (although i want to spend the day itself with my sweetie)... i'm at the let's just go out to dinner wherever phase. phooey! i am sorry to be such a whine-y hiney.

these supposedly "special" days always get me down. i even am avoiding getting married/having a wedding because there's no one in my life i want to celebrate with other than my beloved. (but that's another post altogether.)

sorry but i just had to vent. any and all ideas are welcome!

xo,
    b.

2. # ADS

Maybe you should take a trip. I don't mean a large trip, just somewhere you haven't been that's easy to drive to. Then you can spend the day (or days) walking around, seeing new things, spending time with the one you care about while also doing something active and refreshing. Also, I always find staying in a hotel (whether it be Motel 6 or the Four Seasons) to be a ton of fun--you can go swimming in the dead of winter and you can leave your bed unmade and all that good stuff.

I hope you have a happy birthday!

I agree, sometimes a day or two (or three) away can do a lot for a person...it's just nice to get away from having to clean and cook and stuff. Even if you don't mind doing those things, it's still nice to have no responsibilities for a day or two. It's a break in the routine, something to look forward to.
    I also think it should be somewhere close, that way instead of spending the whole weekend driving, you're enjoying yourselves.
    Ha I guess it would have been more concise if i had just said "I agree with Craftytricks."
    But I hope you feel better soon, and have a lovely birthday, whatever you decide to do!

WHerever you go, eat local, shop local, even go see a movie or museum there. MOst places have welcome centers just begging you to take a tour of their town. We did just that for our last anniversaary and it was great!

thanks for the ideas, everyone. i think we will probably do that going away thing and i know it'll be nice. maybe i'll also do something like get a tattoo...i dunno. thanks for the kind thoughts.

Happy Birthday

You know what I did once when I first moved to Boston? I didn't know anybody and I was feeling both kind of sorry for myself and bold so I went to a funky store on Newbury Street and explainded that it was my birthday coming up. I gave them 30 bucks to put together a cool little package for me, which I picked up in a few days later. I don't remember what was in the present but I felt really good about asking for what I wanted and trying something new.
    Good Luck and give it a try!

selah...i LOVE your idea! it has a lot of nice elements: being brave and honest and asking for a surprise. i hope i have the courage to give it a try somehow...hmm...gotta think of a place now. maybe a cool online merchant???

Beanie,
    Please let us know how it goes and HAPPY Birthday. Just another thought, you could give us your address and we could make you cool cards! Kind of like some of the Valentine exchanges - which I'm really pumped about.

duh

Okay okay, I just went back and noticed your first post was OCT. sooooo it's probably long past your b.day! opps. You don't by chance celebrate your half birthday do you? chuckle.

Hi, Selah!
    Don't worry, the original post was on Feb 04, 2005 6:29 pm...I always make this mistake...the date of the post is directly above the text, and the date a member joined is below their member name (which is where my eyes are drawn to first).
    I can't tell you how many times I've thought "oh wow, everybody's responding to a really old thread..." but nope, often they're not!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads