Monkey Boys Go to College

Signed the boys up for Sat. art classes at University. Their art teacher believes they are talented. Last Spring one won Best Of Show in school exhibit, and other had a huge display of his work. So, this is our first foray into lessons outside of school.

12 Saturdays for 2hrs. It will be a survey class, with an exhibit on campus, at the end.

Wonder if they'll like it and what they'll create? Anyone else have kids in art lessons?

2. # ADS

no, but i did a similar program when i was younger at the local art college...then i ended up studying illustration at pratt and am now (trying to be at least) a working illustrator.

so, i am all for it! i think its great that their teachers think they have talent. art is just as important a skill as any other sort of study (like science or english). and the world needs us...art really is everywhere, in every single industry.

i bet they will have a blast and you will continue to be one proud momma from the masterpieces they'll create! how old are they? are the classes specific or just "art" (like, i took printmaking, figure drawing, ceramics, etc...).

Remove Ads

Ads