Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scooter!

Are they difficult to ride? I have been daydreaming about getting one. I've wanted a scooter ever since I was a kid when I remember seeing commercials for them.

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by nicegirl512
    Are they difficult to ride? I have been daydreaming about getting one. I've wanted a scooter ever since I was a kid when I remember seeing commercials for them.
    if you already know how to drive a stick, it is not hard to get on a scooter (vintage vespa or lambretta). if not, it takes a little practice with someone who knows how to ride. most new scooters, and asian-made models, are automatic and pretty simple to ride. just make sure you wear a helmet, even if you're in a state where they're not required!!!

I've had dreams of matching Vespas for the boy and I, but sadly I'm a cellist and we have to keep a car to drag that thing around. But when work is 2 miles away for him and 2 miles further for me, we really should be scooting it.

Time to see how long saving up for one of those puppies would take...

I've been waiting for a part for my scootie all week, and its been unusually bright and sunny here ever since I bought it......hurry!!! It's just a little part that'll take five minutes to install!!! I'm going crazy. My friend, who has a passport exactly like mine (but yellow), let me start learning on his. It's soo much fun and I can't wait for my own to run. Every time I drive in and out of my garage, I see my little bike sitting there, and I cant help but say "hi scootie", and "bye scootie, I'll be back soon!" I really want to start getting more into scooters once I get mine up and running. I've never been to a rally or anything. There's a club for Japanese-built scooters like mine (to counter the Vespa club), but its forty miles away........damn my small town! I can't wait for summer!!!

I've been riding my scooter for a couple weeks now. It's kind of touchy with the kick-start. My electric start isnt working because I need a new battery, so when I cant kick-start it, i cant start it at all. So i have to have my friend (who has the same kind of scooter) do it for me. I dont understand why I cant kickstart it myself, though, because he's about the same size and weight as me, so it cant really be an issue of strength. Does anybody else ever have this sort of problem? I am getting a new battery soon, so I will be able to ride it without help soon :)

I am so jealous of you being able to ride already... my husband seems to think by the end of the month I willbe able to ride( of course with winter gloves and a full coat on)...

I want some sun.. and I want to scoot dammit!

kick-starting just takes practice. you'll get it. i have to use both feet!

I'm seriously considering getting a scooter. Like, maybe even today, if I can find a used one that I can make monthly payments on, and the payments are comparable to the price of a monthly bus pass.

How likely a prospect is that, I wonder?

Both feet is a good idea! I'll try it.

I know some places do financing, I would go to a dealer and look.

Or try cragislist.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads