Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scooter!

Scooter!

I just got an '82 Honda Passport scooter, and I'm super excited about it! It's baby blue and white with a black seat and it's retro-looking without being as round and bubbly as its European counterparts. I have one friend with an '81 passport, but that's it. I might move to SF soon, and I don't know how a scooter would fare over there..... but I know people have them, so it's probably fine. I'm especially looking forward to the 100 mi/gallon part..... Share your scooter love with me!

2. # ADS

Cool!! You should post a picture. How fast does it go?

Congratulations!

I've been wanting a scooter recently because parking my car in my neighborhood is such a pain.

It goes 45-50 if you want it to, but I'll be driving it closer to 30-35. Definitely not a bike for busy streets. I started an album and posted a couple pictures. I'll post some better ones once I get to start riding it more. I'm still getting the hang of it :)

I just saw your album. that is too cool!! I want one!!

Post a picture.

I got my scooter last spring, and I am dreaming of warm weather so that I can get my ride on again.

I miss my scooter so much! I cannot help but smile the entire time I am riding.

I do notice altho I smile like a fool.. I also have become very vocal, and I scream at people who try to cut me off or who almost plow me down.. the words " moron.. fucking idiot.. asshole" all fly out of my mouth.

You too will develop your own favorite things to call the inconsiderate people on the road.

the scooter scene is huge in sf, although it is more catered to vespas and lambrettas...they have scooter clubs and some of the hugest rallys in the country. it is a lot of fun to go on the big group rides...you should definitely check into that.

my boyfriend (and i, i guess) have a vespa rally 200, from '77 or '78. it is all modded out like the bikes in quadrophenia.

I want a scooter SO BAD. Have wanted one ever since I saw Quadrophenia, which is going on 20 years or so. I rented one for the first time in Hawaii a couple months ago, and now I want one even more. Don't care what kind or condition as long as it runs. Must figure out a way to save up for one.

I convinced one of our best friends that he needs a scooter and we spent Sat looking at Stellas and Vespas and Bajaj and Tng's

IT is soo funny how once you have one you can't help but want to have a whole stable of them.. heh.

I cannot wait until the weather warms up.. I am itchin to scoot!

Quote Originally Posted by valagator
    I cannot wait until the weather warms up.. I am itchin to scoot!
    i know! we have been dying to take scoot-scoot out for a ride lately. i can't wait until springtime.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads