Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    oh I have shopping regret too, when I used to buy beanie babies I'd regret it and hide them rather than take them back...I'm sure that's some sort of sign that I had an addiction...denial or something.

I'm still alive with no purse so it was probably a good decision :)

jt

2. # ADS

sigh. just chiming in with some buyer's remorse... sort of. i just bought a quilt online that i really wanted when i first saw it, and it was $230. i've been looking for a quilt for years. i'll use it every day. and it was on sale for $50. i bought it, though i'm having some regrets. i really try not to accumulate stuff, and here i am, accumulating stuff and torturing myself over it. : (

Athos, it's a quilt! And probably a very awesome one! You'll use the hell out of it--it's totally functional! Stop torturing yourself! :)

oh thanks mathias!

this is the quilt:
    http://www.anthropologie.com/shoppin...ProductID=1182

i think i'm going to finish re-organizing/decorating my room, and put the quilt out, and use it as my reminder to keep the room clean and the way i want it.

When I need to unwind, I like to walk around the mall alone with a coffee and just "look". Well, last week my girlfriend wanted to come with me and then we ended up shopping. I took everything back today, realizing I didn't need any of it. Those $19.99 "sale" purchases really add up and it felt liberating to return everything!

Anyway, I'm moving to Toronto in 3 weeks and I'm going to be unemployed- the first time in 7 years (since I graduated University) and I feel nervous about how I'm going to survive without having the luxury of spending more freely. I have enough finances saved to live 3 months until I find employment but I'm worried about being tempted to buy pretty things, being around friends who can spend freely.... Does anyone have any advice, or been through the same?

Oooooh! Purty!!!!

I have such a sweet tooth for Anthropologie stuff.

Athos, don't you DARE beat yourself up for scoring a $50 Anthropologie quilt!!!!!! That's a GREAT deal! :)

I can always talk myself out of stuff shopping, then later I will kick myself thinking, "I should've bought that." I've learned that if I have a big, viscereal reaction, then it's supposed to be mine. :)

I like the "negative savings" lines. I will have to remember those in the throes of "but I'm saving..."

Athos,that quilt is beautiful.That was a good buy and its true,its an 'investment piece'.

I just started returning things if I havent used it in the first week.I used to always use emediatly any thing I'd bought...but I think I started shopping for lonliness recently.It makes me feel sort of weak and sick to have bought it(cheep or not) and then return it.

I know its better than having things I don't need.

On the flip side I do a bad thing once in awhile and that is buy something just because its cheep,then NOT return it because I'm embaressed to return $2,5,10 of purchases.

Now the other thing,I ahve no problem laying down the dollars for things for other people but when it's for me....I waver.

I suffer buyer's remorse too. But I'm getting better at not buying things I don't need and telling myself I'd rather save up money than piddle it away on things I won't care about in the future when I'll wish I had the money.

However, I just went to NYC and allowed myself to spend money on things I'd never buy otherwise. I dropped $65 on a gorgeous, sky blue bead necklace that I'd completely pass up if not on vacation. Vacation is a special kind of situation. I never remember the money I spend on a trip, just the experiences I had.

God I'm suffering it at the moment. All those little treats like ice cream, beer, and (overpriced) concert tickets added up to $300 on my credit card bill this month! Seeing as how I have a $100 utility bill and $60 for phones, I'm totally kicking myself. No impulse or fun purchases for the summer since I need to save money : ( .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads