+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

cool shoes that no one else has

I really need new sneakers but im sick of the new balance, puma craze and everyone having the same shoes. my friend got these awesome shoes that are like, chinese fighting shoes, he just wears them as sneakers. id like to get them but dont want to cramp his style. does anyone have any secret cool-shoe sources?

2. # ADS

Where do you live? It depends on where you live, as to what shoes everyone wears. Here in so cal, everyone wears skater shoes, like etnies, DC, vans, or nikes or sandals like reefs. Unless you make your own shoes or customize them, there will be thousands of people with that same shoe.

I am sad to hear that pumas are trendy! :( I've worn them for years, but I guess they are hot again.

You can try http://www.zappos.com for different sneaks.

Pumas aren't trendy here... there's a Puma outlet in town, so they're popular and cheap, but not trendy.

i saw a hipster girl wearing wrestling shoes, and it was obviously some kind of hip thing to do. i thought they looked really silly, personally.

i usually wear Dansko or Birkenstock clogs, so i can't give you any help with "cool" shoes.

In my area everyone has Merrell boots and shoes for winter weather- but about 2 years ago I bought a pretty interesting pair of Merrell trainers. I don't have a picture- but they are an older version of this:

http://www.shoebuy.com/sb/s.jsp/r_ss...8/sbstl_121607

Mine are light blue leather with tan accents. The best shoes I have ever owned- very light- very comfortable.

There's a bunch of sneaker sites out there, below is one of them. Also check out your small local stores, normally on the DL. There's some great choice shops in NYC and SF - if you're anywhere near these cities let me know.

http://www.sneakerfreaker.com/

Currently I am really geeked about getting these shoes. Hence, that's why my co-workers call me a geek when I wear such things :). I had these in high school about 10 years ago & I'm excited to rock them again.

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/606340/c/8864.html

I HIGHLY recommend zappo's b/c the service is really spectacular & they have tons of shoes!

my moms took old converse - raspberry colored originally - then used a q-tip to apply bleach swirls. they turned out ridiculously cute. and individual.

Get the shoes that feel the best on your feet, then replace the shoe strings with some WOW ones, or ribbons to be unique.

A great brand

Have you tried the Original Dr. Scholl's brand?? I'm not talking those ugly grandma shoes you find at Walmart, I'm talking the fashion brand. Check it out on Zappos.com or Shoes.com

It is actually very unique and has a wide variety of styles, not just those wooden exercise sandals that everyone thinks of...although those are cool too.

Okay, so it might be a shameless plug as I am the Assistant Footwear Designer for the Brand, but seriously you should check it out.

Seems to me that boutique-y expensive shoe stores tend to have unique brands. Do you have a price cap or are you willing to spend a decent amount? If money's not an object, I'd recommend heading on over to whatever stores fit the above description to see what they have.

Also, you could try going to a department store to check out the options. I found my Lucky Brand sneakers at Filene's (on sale!) and have never seen anyone else wearing them.

Ads