View Poll Results: Smoking or non?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell no! And I can't belive anyone does!

27 48.21%
  • No I don't but I don't care what anyone else does.

24 42.86%
  • Yes I do but wish I didn't.

5 8.93%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Smoking or non?

Smoking or non?

I'm just curious. I find that some people are strict avocates, some could care less, and some smoke like a fiend. I smoke and get angry when people go nuts when I do. U.S.A. is still a free country last time I checked but we don't let people do what they want to do. I do not smoke around children, or in public places but I do in my own home and in my car. Yes I know it's taking years off my life, ect. ect. I wasn't born yesturday. And I do agree we shouldn't smoke around people who don't like it. I think I covered everything that would make anyone argue....but we'll see!

2. # ADS

former smoker here. don't care too much what anyone else does...as long as there's a level of consideration, you know?

Absolutely! I would never sit there smoking around those that hate it. Actually I had another vote option but it went into the black hole or something. The other vote option is yes I smoke and I like it.

ha! the funny thing is that when i did smoke...i didn't like it. out of ten cigarettes, i'd say i'd actually enjoy...one. maybe two. the rest made me cough-y and dizzy and nauseous. i felt so gross...but i kept lighting up.

i quit smoking after 6 or 7 years a couple of years ago. it sucked. and i still want a cigarette whenever i'm in a bad mood, or i smell someone else's smoke, or it's cold and gray out and i have a cup of hot coffee... and so forth. but fortunately the last few times i've broken down and smoked a cigarette or had a few drags of someone else's, it tasted bad and made me feel guilty.

I clicked Hell no! but I actually do not mind what other people choose to do, except for my husband!! I quite happily sit at the pub with husband and friends while they smoke away (and I don't) but sometimes I feel really down about smokers/smoking and throw tantrums about it. They go a little something like this:

I'm sick of spending my life surrounded by the smell and crappy bits and pieces of a smoker - there are always ciggarette butts lying around, or stubbed out in a stinky beer bottle on my verandah. My husband always stinks and tastes like a cigarette, and even when he brushes his teeth the smell is still there, in his hair, ears and throat. I'm sick and tired of having every outdoor experience I share with my husband pervaded by the stench of cigarette - we stop at a ferry and gaze at a beautiful river, suddenly the sublime smell of fresh riverbank is overpowered by cigarette. It's everywhere, any time we are outside - the beach, the backyard. Because it's "OK" to smoke outside. I forget the smell of fresh air when he is around. And I hate that this is how I feel about my husband and his habit because I love him so much. But I hate that at my own house, I can't enjoy any aspects of the outdoors when he is around without that smell and that ugly stinking ash/butt recepticle (spelling?). I get quite cranky.

And OK, I don't always feel this extreme.

I'd like my husband to quit and of course we've been through the health consequences (which upset me too much to think about too often) but I respect that it is his decision to make.

What I CAN'T STAND is that I choose to be a non-smoker yet because I live with one I sometimes feel as if I am one too.

Having said that, I don't mind at all when people smoke in pubs and clubs - I accept that as part of the experience. Restaurants are another matter - how can people enjoy the food with that smell?

I'm a former smoker and can't stand cigarette smoke. I don't blame people for smoking, I know how hard it is to quit, but I simply can't even be around someone who is a regular smoker. I literally get up on the bus if a smoker sits next to me.

I've been fortunate enough to live most of my life in cities with smoking bans, so I've also been rather spoiled.

Well my husband and I have an expression: "It only takes one." That means it only takes one person lighting up to make the whole place stink - or to totally ruin what otherwise would have been an enjoyable experience (as pudding has just eloquently described).

If this is indeed a free country, then non-smokers should be free to breathe "fresh air."

And not being funny, boheme-anne, but if you only smoke in your home, I can't imagine why you'd have to go "nuts at people getting angry."

I used to be a social smoker - a decade ago. One thing that actually helped me stay a non-smoker, was to become the "militant anti-smoker" I am today. There were times when I thought I wanted a fag, but the thought of being such an utter hypocrite kept me from doing so - and I'm so glad that I did.

Although pubs and bars are historically smoking environments, they are more enjoyable when they're not smoky. And nowadays I think there are more non-smokers, such that the majority should have preference. Furthermore, most of my friends who only smoke when they're drinking would probably not be as tempted in a no-smoking pub, and we'd all be happier at the end of the day.

I get angry when people smoke around me because I don't want cancer from their disgusting habit. I get angry when I shower and shampoo and then they stink me up with their foul smoke. I hate it in restaurants because I consider it rude for them to ruin my meal with their stupid cigarettes. I hate when I see people in their 20's smoking because they're old enough to know better. They fell prey to the cool look I guess. I mean really, what is a good reason to start smoking? Anyone?

And I am livid when I see people smoke around kids!!

I won't even consider dating a guy who smokes (or chews for that matter.) We'd just end up killing each other over it and he's not going to change and neither am I so what's the point.

I hate when I see people in their 20's smoking because they're old enough to know better.
    That's funny, because they're old enough to know better, and yet young enough to know better. I mean, back in the day, you could say you didn't know smoking would kill you - and you could sue, etc. And you had society on your side, as it was rude of a hostess not to allow you to smoke in her home (for example). But "kids these days" don't have those excuses!

Is is really cool anymore?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads