Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    valerian will knock you right out. but get it at an herb shop or from an herbalist who knows what they're talking about, because it's not something you want to mess around with.

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by stella
    valerian will knock you right out. but get it at an herb shop or from an herbalist who knows what they're talking about, because it's not something you want to mess around with.
    I concur and suggest you find a reputable Traditional Chinese medical doctor. Most are associated with a Chinese pharmacy or you could find one referred through an acupuncture school. A consultation typically involves taking a history and pulsereading.

Re: headaches, I think the best way to treat them is by trying to prevent them. Most headaches are probably either tension-related ones or migraines. Contrary to popular belief, migraines are not always of the debilitating pain variety, they can be subtle too (I even know a girl who gets migraines without any pain!). Simplified rule: If only one side of your head hurts, and you feel sensitive to light or noise or smells, it's likely to be a migraine. If you have an ache like a "band" around your whole head, it's likely to be a tension headache.

Migraines usually (though not always) have a trigger of some sort - it could be certain foods, hormones or whatever. Ie the best thing to do is to find out what triggers them, if anything, and to avoid that trigger if possible. I used to have frequent headaches that disappeared when I stopped eating yoghurt, so no more yoghurt for me. :-(

Tension headaches are usually relieved by relaxing and de-stressing...but that's pretty obvious. :-)

Headaches can also be brought on by dehydration (so keep hydrated) or by low blood sugar (so eat small meals frequently if you have that problem), and of course by *ahem* partying... :-) But other people have already given good tips on how to avoid/cure hangovers, so I don't have anything to add.

Aaaaannnddd I think I'm coming down with the flu now...so I'll definitely be using some of the tips in this thread...

Hehe, this may not be as natural as you are looking for, but it amused me! When I was living in Germany and working at the army px, I had a really bad sore throat. There was a French officer/gentleman who used to frequent my checkout, and he suggested this:

Mix a blob of melted butter with a shot of whiskey and drink it.

He promised it would coat my throat and make it feel better.

He was a funny man!

This is a very helpful thread! I know that lemon and honey are good for sore throat. As for headache, you can try airing the room and putting a cold wet towel behind your head. But unfortunately, there are times we can't do without medications. In case you prefer self-treatment, I recommend to check the info about the pills you are going to take. It is easy to do on the Internet as there are many good sources. Personally I like using Canada Drugs store for this purpose. I shared this info in the hope it will be useful for someone!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads