Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your non-crafting activities?

Hi all,
    I was just reading an article about martial arts (something I did when I was little little) and I started wondering what types of non-crafting activities/hobbies people have...I'd love to hear what other stuff people get into when they aren't crafting up a storm. For me it's rock climbing (when I get a chance), hiking/backpacking, and reading...in fact, some of the climbing guys were shocked to discover that me and two other climbing girls got together on Sundays to knit/crochet =)

So, spill it! What are your non-crafting activities?

2. # ADS

Fun thread, Aubrigail.

Funny how I have to go "uhh..." when I think of myself.
    I spend a lot of time on the computer, checking things out. Places I want to go. Scoping clipart. Stuff.

I work with animals. That's the main thing in my life. I work with a tribal animal shelter and I also help run a nonprofit animal rescue organization.

I shop, read, do crosswords, cook, write letters.
    I like nature so sometimes I go up in the mountains with friends. I spend a lot of time with my family because that's the most important part of my life.
    I have collections I like to add to, such as pigs, birds, witches, crystal balls, keyrings, jewelry,vintage purses.

I suddenly feel very boring. :| I tend to keep to myself mostly. I have a few friends who live away and one who lives here but mostly I'm by myself.

Terri

reading, drinking, dancing, taking pictures, and admirer of street art and odd people are my favorite non crafty activities.

I go to the pub with friends for afterwork or weekend drinks & to listen to live music, read magazines, watch DVDS & eat takeaway with my husband and lay around (ie do nothing - I can do this for hours at a time). I also like looking at various things on the Internet.

I sometimes go to the movies or to a concert. The last one I went to was amazing - there was a massive storm and the night had to be abandoned before the headline act. http://www.adayonthegreen.com.au/artists/petemurray.htm

Oh no, tinstarmerchant...don't feel boring...I keep to myself too--most of my friends live in different states and I don't have much money to go out. I also work from home so that makes for lots of me-time at home--perfect for reading or watching stupid shows on tv (another one of my non-crafting activities)

i do martial arts (aikido). i had knee surgery a few months ago, so i'm slowly getting back to being able to train like i used to.

i go to school, and i spend a lot of time on school stuff. i'm hoping to transfer to a university this fall to study environmental toxicology, so i'm finishing up all my transfer stuff at the junior college this semester.

i also read, play with my cats and dog, and hang out with my rarely-seen boyfriend.

I workout a lot (I love dance aerobics and weight lifting) I also love books, magazines/zines, and surfing the net and watching Law and Order.

My husband and I love wine, so we do a lot of tastings (at home) and are thinking about starting a tasting group to have fun little parties with our friends once a month or so.

We likee to play "pub" games like darts, cards and pool.

We are comedy snobs too, we watch (and collect) a lot of varity of comedy from old stand-up to newer sketch shows, and everything in between.

Quote Originally Posted by sewpunk
    I workout a lot (I love dance aerobics and weight lifting) I also love books, magazines/zines, and surfing the net and watching Law and Order.
    haha, this is me, except take out the working out part.

my extracurriculars: the above, plus Xboxing, thrifting, teaching my 2-year-old to dance, watching DVDs, playing pool (haven't done that in a while, though), walking downtown, learning basic photography, writing, fishing, and when I'm in shape (read: last done three years ago, before kid) hiking and biking. oh, and I love riding motorcycles, although I've only ridden so far because the shifting thing is a giant mystery to me.

right now I'm trying to get back into working out. it's so hard to get started, though.

I only really have one friend, and she's really deep into a relationship right now, so my life is pretty boring as far as that kind of thing goes.

hmm...i worry and procrastinate a lot...but when i'm actually 'doing' i am reading, cooking, surfing the internet, grading papers, preparing lessons, trying to get my house into some kind of order, (i'm extremely not neat) driving, (my big relaxer) going out to eat or to see a movie or watching television (the amazing race, the apprentice and six feet under are my favorites -- also can't wait for season four of the west wing to come out on dvd). other than that, i hang out with my sweetie and our pets. most of my friends aren't living nearby. oh, and i also really, really like to sleep. ;)

I procrastinate, a lot, too.
    I like to do crosswords (especially during bio), read, sing, play piano, listen to music, watch survivor, and gab on the phone with friends.

and read getcrafty. is that a crafting activity?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads