Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Martha

the justice system is a bit screwy though, when someone can get more time for smoking marijuana than a typical white collar crime. including this one.

2. # ADS

Oh LAWD, the masses would riot if Oprah was sent to jail!

As for Martha, she's going to be fine. America loves a comeback kid and they'll love her esp. if she's bitchier than ever.

I seriously doubt her sudden interest in the conditions of prisoners. That lasted until she hit the front door of her vanity farm.

call me shallow but my only thought when seeing her was:

"i so wanna knit that poncho!"

I just read that a fellow inmate made her that poncho! "The night before I left, she handed me this ... and said, 'Wear it in good health.' I hope she is reading the news and looking at television because I'm so proud of her."

Awww......

I am not ashamed to say I was really happy that she is out of jail, and that I like Martha and her empire. I wait for a month to get Living Magazine shipped over to me from the states, and I love her craft projects and so on. I know she seems a little too perfect for some people, but I guess each to her own. I don't think that she should have been jailed, but I do think she has handled it with dignity.

i also love martha, and agree that she has handled the whole thing with far more dignity than many others.

i hate that she was convicted for something so idiotic, and yet the MEN running enron, etc, who bilked investors out of billions of dollars, are all still running free.

I'm glad she's out too. The system is so f*cked up isn't it?

I do think it's kind of funny that she has to be on a lo-jack though (the ankle bracelet). It's so very American. No matter how classy you think you are...

Lion Brand Yarn is going to publish a pattern for Homespun yarn to re-create Martha's poncho. Apparently a friend made it for her while she was in prison. So funny, this is going to be like the Jessica Simpson shawl.

I am glad that Martha's out. I felt it was an incredible double-standard, but she showed real character for taking her punishment and not trying to get out of it. And Living magazine just hasn't been the same without her hand.

brdgt,
    You summed it up for me really well. I just wanted to add that Bust did a very good article on her trial a few months ago.

I love watching everything Martha--I take her 'perfection' thing with a grain of salt--she's got good ideas (things).

I'm glad she's out and am also looking forward to her new television show.

I also thought her poncho was beautiful.

i love Martha. i don't care if she's an iceberg in person, she still rocks.

and personally, i would have felt a whole lot safer with GW in prison and Martha in the white house.

my mom heard on KPFA that when she got out, she spent all the money she could at the commissary buying necessities for the poorest women. and she said she was going to ask the woman who made her poncho for the pattern, so you know that lady is going to be stoked.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads