Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Martha

Martha

Thoughts on the icon released today from Camp Cupcake?

2. # ADS

You know, it actually made me happy today to find out she was released.

I was ambivalent on the trial because on the one hand I think white collar criminals need to be prosecuted more, on the other hand I saw the double standard, in that she seemed to be being made an example of while others get away with a slap on the wrist.

Funny, brdgt, that is EXACTLY how I was feeling about it.

I was never a big supporter (not knowing exactly what happened), and I certainly shed no tears for her, but I did feel it was a bit of a double-standard applied to her. But mainly I was ambivalent - I just couldn't care.

But having said that, I was really pleased to see her board that jet outta there.....

I heard Bill O'Reilly's sidekick (don't know her name, it was a fluke that I was even listening to that show) waxing eloquent on this subject yesterday, bitching about how she went to PRISON and now here she goes making MONEY and it is so bad because she went to jail because she BROKE THE LAW, and I was like, eeeh. whatever. there are far worse things to get worked up about.

I like Martha's stuff (as a person, she comes across as kind of being cold, but I come across as being a stonecold bitch because I'm quiet, so that doesn't turn me off too much), and her empire is pretty impressive, so I'm all for her. I thought her whole "prison wasn't bad because it was a nice rest from material things" routine was a little canned-sounding, but I liked that the things she missed the most were lemons. (it's all press-release sounding, but I still liked that touch.)

hey, if Oprah went to prison for the same thing, what do you think the public response would be? I was trying to think of a woman who has the same kind of empire going on who had a warmer persona, and Oprah's the only one I can come up with.

I'm glad she's out. I don't think she did anything anyone else in her spot wouldn't have done.

She's made some interesting comments on the unfairness of sentancing and how boring prison is, so what I'm really wondering is how this experience will change her whole persona/empire. Is she going to keep speaking out about life in prison and how sucktacular and unfair it is or is her corporate side going to take over?

I'm glad she's out of the pokey though, the double standard was killing me. Correct me if I'm wrong but has anyone from Enron done any time yet?

call me shallow but my only thought when seeing her was:

"i so wanna knit that poncho!"

i'm really looking forward to seeing her version of the apprentice!

Newsweek had a big feature on her...basically how saying that she could have appealed and gotten out of her prison sentence, but the fact that she went to prison and did all that hard work scrubbing toilets and all made her seem more human, which should appeal to people more than ice cold perfection.
    Things seem to be going well for her, with the kmart-sears merger and her apprentice show and furniture line and all that fun stuff.

Ia m happy that MArtha is free, I thinkt he house arrest fort he next 5 months is a bit excessive.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads