Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am going to Santa Fe, NM in 2 weeks and can't wait! I love the SouthWest and have wanted to visit Santa Fe for the longest...the arts, the culture, the food, the scenery, the architecture...etcetera etcetera.

It's also my first major travel experience alone. I have wanted to travel solo for some time and figured I would test it out domestically first before travelling alone abroad. I can't wait!

I am trying to get to Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket before the end of the summer as well. Either that or a trip to the Catskills area in NY.

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by EarthTones
    I am going to Santa Fe, NM in 2 weeks and can't wait! I love the SouthWest and have wanted to visit Santa Fe for the longest...the arts, the culture, the food, the scenery, the architecture...etcetera etcetera.

It's also my first major travel experience alone. I have wanted to travel solo for some time and figured I would test it out domestically first before travelling alone abroad. I can't wait!
    travelling alone is great. i highly recommend it. and new mexico is fantastic. santa fe is lovely but a bit touristy. is there anyway you can spend some time in taos? it's a few hours north, and for my money, one of the greatest towns in the country. i LOVE it. and it's small enough, with good coffee houses and stuff, that i'm sure you would meet people. anyways, just a thought. good luck!

jean

Quote Originally Posted by CraftyChicaAZ
    patrick and i used to go on BIG vacations like to europe and new york, but now that the kids are older (pre-teens), it's not fair to go without them. so now our trips are shorter and closer. but it's still fun. here in az during the summer, it is so hot that the tourist season comes to a complete halt - so all the ultra posh resorts slash their prices. It's a blast to check in for a weekend and party like a rock star with la familia![/i]
    such a good idea. steve and i will have to remember that in august...whever we plan a trip, the first thing he says is: let's go to the southwest! plus, we like the heat.

My husband won a trip to Hawaii on a game show earlier this year (really!), so we'll be going there sometime. We haven't had a chance to schedule the trip yet, though - I must keep on his case to do that soon. We're thinking late summer/early fall.

Vegas baby :)

Hubby & I are skipping a big vacation this year (we're going to one with relatives present, but that doesn't count) because we're moving! But I kind of think moving to a new city will be a bit like a vacation . . . lots of exploring to do. It should be exciting.

-- Steph

July 4th weekend my husband and I are going to his dad's beach house for 4 days...his dad and step mom are totally cool and basically let us sleep in, fix us breakfast, plan some fun activities, then an early dinner with VERY liberal flowing of the wine, then they go to bed and let us stay up late and make out/go out/fish off the dock. Rawk! Then we drive over to the Atlantic coast and my husband has a 5 day educational seminar to attend with a beachview room and meals and gas paid for. All I have to do is (sigh!) lie on the beach with a book. Nine day beach vacation, and its FREE, baby!

Amanelle: We go to Bar Harbor in Maine, it is soooo beautiful! The best crabmeat sandwiches, awesome cafes, and getting to cross the sand bar to bar island and do some hiking.

Ahhh, the porcupine islands... I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    travelling alone is great. i highly recommend it. and new mexico is fantastic. santa fe is lovely but a bit touristy. is there anyway you can spend some time in taos? it's a few hours north, and for my money, one of the greatest towns in the country. i LOVE it. and it's small enough, with good coffee houses and stuff, that i'm sure you would meet people. anyways, just a thought. good luck!

jean
    Hey Jean....Thanks a bundle for the tip! I have been contemplating a day trip to Taos. There are a few artists whose work I admire who are i the area and I would love to visit them if possible. If I don't get there this time, I will definitely be back. I already know that I will love New Mexico and will probably be boo-hoo crying in the airport on my way back home.

My vacation is a homeymoon and we are fishing in New Hampshire and MAine.

I plan on taking a long weekend at the Cape and one in Montreal too!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads